cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of a WD application when the browser is in german

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done a Web Dynpro Java application which is tranlated into English and Spanish. The default language of the application is not set, so it should take the language of the user who logs on the portal, but in almost 100 % of the cases this is not set, so it should take instead the language setted in the browser.

The idea is the following, if the user has the browser language is spanish, the application has to be shown in spanish. If the browser language is english or any other language, it has to be shown in english. All worked fine in my computer and in other computers of my mates, but while doing a roll out in germany (they have the browser language set to german) they realize that the application is shown in spanish instead of in english. I have checked with other mates near to me and with the same version of explorer, in the same environment and with the browser set to german (or any other language that is not english or spanish) and no language setted to the user with which we logon on the portal, for me the application is in english and for one of my mates is in spanish.

Anyone has any idea of what is happening?

As I said, the problem is with the computer, if I logon with an user in my computer works fine, but in others computers the application is shown in the wrong language.

Regards,

Mireia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the attached link on how the effective language is determined. Remember to also check LDAP and UME language settings for the users. Maybe the users have German set in LDAP or UME? See also SAP note 947081.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/fe85dcbd7d0231e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/947081

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

The sequence of the note 947081 indicated the following;

a) SAP Portal hands over a locale to Web Dynpro via an URL parameter sap-locale . --> Not setted

b) The user locale is checked. This is the locale attached to the profile of the user who logged in to the system. --> I have checked that the user has not the language setted in LDAP or UME.

c) The Accept-language in the HTTP header of the request, defined in the browser, is checked. --> The language of the browser is german

d) The default sap.Locale in the application properties of the Web Dynpro application is investigated. --> The application has not the sap.Locale setted

e) The sap.systemLocale in the Propertysheet default of the Web Dynpro runtime is evaluated. --> In this case is english

f) The system default locale, either defined by the operating system or by the JVM on the server, is evaluated. --> In this case is english

So, for this order, the language should be german, but because the application has not been translated into german and the texts are in english, the application should be english. What is more strange is that for the same user, under the same conditions (browser language in german) in some computers the application is shown in english (which is correct) and in others in spanish (which is incorrect).

Regards.