cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Of Batches from Multiple SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our Client wants to integrate Batches from SAP ECC to SAP APO.  Reason Client wants to integrate Batches is they want to have visibility of Batch Expiry Date in APO.  Now this Batch Expiry Date can integrate to APO only if the Batch Integration Model is active.

However to integrate Batches, we first need to integrate Classes / Characteristics from ERP.

we have 9 SAP ERP connected to APO system and there is no standardization of Batch Characteristics across ERP. For example SAP ERP1 has characteristics A,B and C. Now SAP ERP2 has characteristics A,D and E.

So in APO we now need to have Characteristic A, B,C,D and E before we can think of having batch Expiry date in APO.

Now if ERP1 has already integrated Characteristics A, B and C  to APO and if ERP2 now try to integrate Characteristic A,D and E, it leads to CIF Error  " Characteristics A could not be created " .  I believe the reason for this error is Characteristics A has already been integrated from ERP1.

Please note that selection of these Characteristics in the integration model is done through Organization Area 1 and Class 023 (Batch).  It will not be possible to modify this Organization Area and Class for ERP2, so as to have only characteristics D and E.

So in situations like this where there is a need to integrate Batches from Multiple SAP ERP and there is no standardization of characteristics, what should be the approach ?

client does not want to go for standardization of batch characteristics at the moment.

Any pointers on the approach / best practices will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

For shelf-life data, SAP provided LOBM* characteristics that need to be used to have visibility on expiry date or other shelf-life details. The classes/characteristics integration model only helps to create batch class (023 and 400) in APO based on ECC data. The standard and common characteristics can be CIF'ed from any one of the ECC system (say organization area is S).

For system specific characteristics, you can use different organization areas so as to CIF all the characteristics to APO.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for the response. when you mentioned this in your post " The classes/characteristics integration model only helps to create batch class (023 and 400) in APO based on ECC data", I assume you mean to say as  " The classes/characteristics integration model only helps to create batch class (230 and 400) in APO based on ECC data".

Secondly what should i do now so as to reflect Batch Expiry date in APO ? Are you suggesting not to have Classes / characteristics in active Integration Model and just proceed with Batch Integration Model ?

In our system, whenever we are giving Organization Area =1 and Class Type = 023 in the Integration Model Selection Criteria for Class / Characteristics, System is selecting in total of 11 characteristics, out of which LOBM* characteristics are 5 ( LOBM_LFDAT , LOBM_LVORM, LOBM_RLZ, LOBM_RLZ_PROZ, LOBM_VFDAT) and the rest 6 are some characteristics like BATCH_FOR_MARKET etc.

So now problem comes in these 6, as out of these 6, 1 characteristics has already been integrated from other ERP and hence i am unable to activate my I.M for Classes / Characteristics ?

Any pointers pls

Thanks,

Pawan.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Sorry for the typo. The batch class in APO is 230 as you mentioned in your first point.

We need to send the following 3 characteristics to APO.

• LOBM_APO_SL_MIN  maturation time in sec.
  • LOBM_APO_SL_MAX  expiration time in sec.
  • LOBM_APO_SL_UTC   reference time stamp i.e. date of manufacture

Please check the following SAP note for details.

Note 751392 - Shelf life R/3 -> APO: Settings in R/3

The above characteristics are common to all ECC systems and should be CIF'ed from any one of the ECC system to APO. For other ECC system specific characteristics, consider the following example.

System                      Characteristic                   

ECC1                          A, B, C, D                       

ECC2                          A, C, E, F

ECC3                          B, D, C, G

The organizational areas can be defined as follows.

System                 Organization Area             Characteristic                    

ECC1                                 S                           LOBM_APO_SL*           

ECC1                                 1                            A, B, C, D                       

ECC2                                 2                            E, F

ECC3                                 3                            G

Define integration models in respective ECC systems to selectively CIF the characteristics assuming you use one common name to represent your class (for instance, SHELF_LIFE). The expected result is to have SHELF_LIFE class in APO with all the characteristics (

LOBM_APO_SL*   and from A through G).

Note: SHELF_LIFE (Class type 230) consists of all LOBM* as well as A through G characteristics whereas SHELF_LIFE (Class type 400) will have only A through G characteristics (i.e. LOBM* characteristics will not be added).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks a Lot. Got much Clarity now. I just have one Last question. You have Mentioned to use one common name to represent your class(for instance, SHELF_LIFE). Here is where i have some confusion. Let's say ERP 1 has created a class type 023  and class name is BATCH. If ERP2 also creates a class type 023 and have same class name as BATCH, won't it lead to CIF conflict. I am assuming when i try to I.M class/ characteristics from ERP2, It may give CIF Error " CLASS BATCH already exist " as the CLASS BATCH has already been integrated from ERP1. Pls see the attached document as to what i am trying to convey.

If this conflict is not a issue, I am planning to proceed as below.

To give you more background, already one ERP has integrated its class and characteristics as that ERP is using PPDS. Now there is a request to integrate Batches from Other ERP, idea being to have Batch Expiry Date in APO. We are just interested to have batch expiry Date in APO at the moment. So we are planning to proceed as below

1)  At the moment one of our ERP system does not have LOBM_APO* characteristics, So we thought to Modify the Class 023 and add these 3 LOBM_APO* characteristics. At the same time we will not assign Organization Area 1 to these  3 LOBM_APO* characteristics as they have already been integrated from another ERP

2) We will also have only unique characteristics assigned to Organization Area 1, so that we do face any CIF Issues

3) Note 751392 mentions that below characteristics should not be integrated to APO. So we will have the below 3 characteristics assigned to Class 023 in ERP but not assigned to Organization Area 1.

LOBM_VERAB

Availability Date

LOBM_HSDAT

Date when Batch Was Produced

LOBM_VFDAT

Expiration date, shelf life

Thanks once again for all your help.

Regards,

Pawan.