cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Modification failing for workflow type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently working on Sourcing 9.0.06.01.

I am facing an issue while supplier modification via workflow (both with and without xpdls attached) from the supplier side and buyer side. The issue is

that while trying to modify supplier details from supplier side, the system is not allowing me to save and come out of the page on clicking "Done". Instead it remains on the same page.

Please note follwing points:-

1. This scenario was working in Sourcing 7 SP03 successfully, but is

failing after upgrade to Sourcing 9

2. I have tried the same scenario in a fresh Sourcing 9 server, but

still I am facing the same issue.

Following is the error captured in the log file:-

"

ORA-00001: unique constraint (DEVSOURCING.FCI_38_1_UK) violated

Object: -2147459046:38:Financial Review:: OBJECTID : -2147459046, CONTEXTID : 0, REVISION_COUNT : 0, UNIQUE_DOC_NAME : -21474590461364274989862, DISPLAY_NAME : Financial Review, COLLN_METADATA : 0.340.size=0

0.525.size=0

1.508.size=0

0.39.size=0

, RESERVATION_LOCK : false, DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION : null, CREATED_BY_USER : -2147483440:104:Vaishali Soni, MODIFIED_BY_USER : null:null:null, EDIT_BY_USER : null:null:null, CREATED_AT : Tue Mar 26 10:46:29 IST 2013, MODIFIED_AT : null, EDIT_AT : null, INACTIVE : false, TRACK_CHANGES : false, COLLABORATION_POLICY : GRANT_ALL_IF_NO_COLLABORATORS, HAS_PUBLIC_DISC : false, IS_REPLICATED : false, BUNDLE : odp.defdata, RESOURCE_ID : vlv.vendor_phase.legal_review.name, RESOURCE_KIND : APP_TEXT, DEFAULT_VALUE : Financial Review, CUSTOM_VALUE : null, IS_CUSTOM : true, CONTEXT_NUM : -2147483548:21:Infosys Sandbox, RESOURCE_CATEGORY : XTXT#"

Please help me to understand why is the supplier modification failing.

Thanks,

Vaishali Soni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a known bug that was introduced 9.0.06 that prevented Supplier Registration/Modification from working.  It caused a unique constraint violation, but on a different index.  So I'm not exactly sure what is going wrong here, but I'm guessing that you will likely need to move to a newer version of Sourcing regardless.  The fix for the known bug is in 9.0.08.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert/Vaishali,

My workflow is working fine now but when i submit Supplier Modification workflow,in "Pending Daemon Events" workflow event is not clearing off. And in "Today's Daemon Events" logs following error message is logged.

metadata exception, Exception: change of identity not allowed. Expected 104 but found 600, Object: -1013972991:1943:null, AttributeId: ACCOUNT_REF_CLASS_ID, MessageId: exception.common.db.metadata.reflection, Info: target method = setClassId

How to resolve this? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Chaitanya Kumar

0 Kudos

Class ID 104 corresponds to a buy-side user and 600 to a sell-side contact.  One typical problem that can lead to this error is misconfigured document security templates.  For example, I have seen document security templates for Supplier Registration/Modification via Workflow that have the Owner Role collaborator set to be the ‘current user’.  While this pattern is fine for 99% of the documents in the system, here this is a problem because Supplier Contacts can create these requests, and the system does not expect any document to have a sell-side owner.  I think this is one of very few scenarios where there is even a possibility for that to happen.  Pretty much every other document is created by a buy-side user.  In any event, you might want to check your document security templates to make sure that you do not have such a configuration.

1943 corresponds to a delete request.  Off the top of my head I think this is typically created by cancelling a Workflow Process from the ‘Current Workflow Processes’ report of a Workflow Definition.  However I seem to recall another possible scenario involving Supplier Modification.  Perhaps you can explain in more detail exactly what steps you have taken prior to running into the error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the exact same error as mentioned above, i.e. the change of identity is not allowed. However, even after modifying the document security template we are still getting it. On top of that, we are suddenly also getting an authorization error:

exception=com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: You cannot view the document because you do not have sufficient permissions.

We are currently on SAP Sourcing wave 9 and just installed SP09 to fix the issue which was at the origin of this message.

Thanks for any help,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I am also facing same issue. Is it resolved for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

I had raised an OSS message for the same and SAP has confirmed that this is a bug and has been resolved in the Sourcing 9 SP08. The SP08 version has been released for upgrades. You may upgrade to SP08 and check if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Vaishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. thanks alot.