cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: standard alerts & macro apo dp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

can anyone please clarify me what are the standard alerts and standard macros.  use in demand planning.

1. what are the standard macros. where we can define it. how we can use in DP any example.

2. what are the standard alerts. where we can see them. how we can use DP. any example.

thanks & regards

ch Sainath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sainath,

A standard macro is a macro that is executed automatically; its execution is not triggered manually by the planner.

A standard macro is one of the following types:

• Default  A default macro is executed when the planner opens the planning desktop and loads data, regenerates the screen (for example, by choosing Enter or Tab), or saves the plan. If other types of standard macros can be executed, these are executed before the default macros.
  • Level change  A level change macro is executed when the planner drills up or down in interactive planning.
  • Start  A start macro is executed when the system loads data. This is for instance when a planner selects characteristic values in the shuffler and loads the data. The sytems always reloads data after the user saves the data. This means that start macros are also carried out after saving.
  • Exit  An exit macro is executed when the planner saves the plan.

To define a macro as a standard macro:

1. Drag and drop the macro from the macro tree to the appropriate standard macro icon in the Events section of the MacroBuilder (top right corner).
  2. Set the attribute No direct execution for the macro; as required. Since these macros are automatically executed, it often makes sense to prevent users from executing them manually.

You can use the Alert Monitor to monitor whether your application is running without problems. To

do this, for each of the applications you work with, you use alert profiles to specify in what situations the system reports the problem, in other words, generates an alert. In the Alert Monitor window, you can monitor all the alerts that have occurred, and can navigate directly to the relevant application function to resolve the problem. To get more information and examples you can see the below link Help.sap

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/47/f925c5852f383ce10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear diana,

thanks for your reply. i appreciate you spending some time for this. now i got understand but my point   is there any predefined macro or predefined alerts which we can use in DP. like ready to use. could you clarify me.

thanks & regards

ch sainath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sainath,

SAP has lot of predefined macros in DP - but they are mainly meant as examples. Each planning book / data view should have the macros it need. So you have to copy those macros into your planning book if you want to use them. You can check the macros in the standard planning book in macro workbench  (/n/sapapo/advm.)

For Alert Types, you have got some predefined alert types to choose from like (Below are few examples)

• Available-to-Promise (ATP) Alert Profile
  • Forecast Alert Profile
  • Supply and Demand Planning (SDP) Alert

For each application-specific alert profile, you can select the alerts you want to see from a list of predefined alert types.

• Error (priority one, highlighted in red)
  • Warning (priority two, highlighted in yellow)
  • Information (priority three, highlighted in white)

You can do these settings in Alert Monitor.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Diana,

it would be very helpful thanks for it.

regards

ch sainath.

Answers (0)