cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria - proxy settings for Google URL/TinyURL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everonye,

I was wondering if there is a general setting to configure Afaria in order to communicate through the proxy to the internet. At the moment I am trying to enable the TinyURL and the Google URL Shortener API but when I test the TinyURL connection for example nothing happens. It says "Failed" after a moment. Port 80 should be open but you'll have to use a proxy to get outside the network.

Does anyone has a hint for that specific problem ?

Greetings

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In the installed location there will be an ProxyConfig.exe which will help you to proxy settings in the afaria.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thank you so much! It works fine now.

Regards,

Alexander Richter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks buddy that was just a tinny problem there are lots tiny tiny problems you might come across 

Don't worry.. keep posting in SAP for Mobile

Happy to help you

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am facing the same issue and I hava found the ProxyConfig.exe file in the installation path, but I don't know how to use it. so can you tell me more details ?

thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

what I did is to open a command window on the windows server machine, navigated to the folder where ProxyConfig.exe is located and executed it. It will ask you for the proxy adress as well as for the port. As soon as you entered the information and press enter the program will exit. Afaria is now configured using the proxy information you just entered before.

Try it - you can repeat this process (also deleting the proxy again) as often as you have to. It takes one minute to do this.

Suggestion: Enter your proxy information and try to create an enrollment code in the enrollment policy. If it works, Afaria is able to communicate through the proxy to the TinyURL/Google URL Shortening Services.

Good luck!

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thank you very much for telling me the details. It has worked well after I followed your steps!

Thanks and Regards!

Jasmine

Answers (0)