Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enque replication server HA Polling solution - enqtest.sh

former_member234301
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am setting up ERS instance for one portal production system. I want to use the HA Polling solution to control ERS which means one scritp enqtest.sh will be used.

But unfortunely, I am not good at the unix script.

So could you please provide a sample which will be apprecaited.

My system is Portal 7.3, SCS instance is running on AIX LPAR and Clustered with HACMP with 2 nodes. PAS and DI is running on other Linux server

ERS: ERS71

SCS: SCS41

Nodename: node1, node2

Thanks and Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main reason for HA polling is:

"The majority of software solutions for high availability cannot be configured in such a way that following a failover both the replication server and the enqueue server switch hosts."

In your case HACMP contains this functionality inplace. You can use it instead of HA polling. You need to adjust collocation/anticollocation policies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ERS was installed locally on both nodes in my design. So i cannot take it controlled by HACMP.

I can use the hacmp start/stop scripts but i don't think it is a good idea.

That's the reason why i perfer to use Polling solution.

Thanks

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your script needs to check at which node the SCS is running, querying HACMP.

If the ERS is not running at the same node as the SCS, the script should return "0" (zero), as this would be the ERS running at the failover node.

And if the ERS is running at the same node as the SCS, the script should return "5" or any integer value higher than 5.

You can refer to the following SAP Help webpage:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/47/ea3efa00e83b8be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

I'm not familiar on how could you query HACMP to get the name of the node at which the SCS is running, but the logic of the script should be simple:

SCSHOST=<return value of the query sent to HACMP>

if $SCSHOST = `hostname` then

exit 5

if $SCSHOST != `hostname` then

exit 0

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member234301
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,