Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS Migration from AIX to Windows

former_member227150
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to migrate SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7x110 from AIX 5.1 to Windows Server 2003.

The existing solution is on Cluster and we want the target system to be without cluster. So, is it possible to go with this scenario?

Is there any specific pre-requisites to be followed?

Can anyone share some guides / references for this ?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

In addition to the excellent advice above, ensure you read the migration guides thoroughly first so that you get all the latest tools.  And practice, practice, practice this process to get it smooth. 

Of course, if you are going to do this for a production system, then you will require the assistance of a OS/DB migration certified person so that SAP will assist and sign off the migration.

Regards,

Graham

former_member227150
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your responses. I'll be starting the migration tomorrow and keep u posted.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please close the thread if your query is answered.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition pay attention to endianess. Power is big endian, x86_64 is little endian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

There is no specific steps for migrating the system from cluster to non-cluster.    Please follow the below steps on your issue.

1.Take an export of your system using the SAP Virtual DB hostname. I mean using SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<Virtual DB hostname>

2. Install DB in your windows server.

3.Import the data in your windows.. During installation, just select the normal method of system copy like WITHOUT High availablity installation..

I have attached the first sapinst screen for the options you need to choose. Here i have choosed Non-unicode as the system which I have migrated is a non-unicode.. Please select accordingly to your system

I believe the information helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal