Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI New Development requirement

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a new development requirement. i will write the requirement details. need u r suggestion for developing the scenario.

Requirement details:

Back Ground : The struMis is a stand alone application developed by AceCad  using .Net .The database is Oracle.There is a need to inegrate this application with SAP R 3 through SAP PI.ion.

Pre-requisite : There was no direct connectivity of StruMIS from any application.Strumis  has provided us  a .DLL which has all the methods available for integration with StruMis application.Since SAPPI can not directly interact with .DLL ,We have created webservices to pull/push data to struMis.

How to achieve the above scenario. what kind of system should have involve in the above requirement.

thanks,

Kesava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make it simple..

SOAP (SOAP Sender Adapter) > PI > RFC / Proxy (ECC Receiver Configuration)

&

RFC / Proxy (ECC Sender Configuration) > PI > FTP (FTP Receiver Adapter)

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anju, Venkat, sunil,

Thanks you so much for your reply.

.Net sytem is third party system. they will not provide any other details( like system details). and they will not accept WSDL link also.

How it is possible to get the ID from .net system

Thanks and regards,

Kesava.

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

struMIS is a .Net system. how can PI fetch the data from .NET system?

.Net will not push the data to PI system. PI system it self pull the data from .Net. this is strange for me.

Bsed on the requirement end to end message flow is like below.

struMIS ...> PI ..(proxy or BAPI)...> SAP             again

SAP ...> PI ..> FTP

steps:

struMIS sending the getby ID to PI system.

PI system will send the ID to SAP system.

The ID will beverified in the ECC system in data base details ( for this poxy or RFC is required)

ID will fetch the other details from ECC system and it will send the details to SAP PI system.

sap pi will send the out put to FTP system.

my queries :

how to take the connection with .Net system. to PI system.

Based on the ID number, can we get the other details from SAP system for sending the data to FTP system.

I have developed one scenario based on the requirement.  .Net ...> PI ..> SAP

I have finished the design and configuration part. i have generated the WSDL link in ID, for .net webserver team.

they told us we don't have place for specify that WSDL in .net side.

Thanks,

Kesava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

let me try to answer your question one by one ..

1.how to take the connection with .Net system. to PI system

As you said .NetwebServer team is there so PI can connect to webservice of application using SOAP sender adapter. .Net team can develop a webservice which can send ID to PI and same PI can extract using SOAP sender adapter.

2.Based on the ID number, can we get the other details from SAP system for sending the data to FTP system

Yes , in SAP side ABAP team cam write FM/proxies which can provide the required data to Pi with all validation. PI need to connect with SAP through proxy and get this data and pass to FTP. i would suggest you to pass your requirement to ABAP team (what data you want on basis of ID )so that same will be implemeted in SAP.

Thanks,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Net will not push the data to PI system. PI system it self pull the data from .Net. this is strange for me.

You can go for below approach.Check with them.

.NET(Oracle d/b or File)->PI-->SAP(Proxy)-->PI-->FTP server(File).

Use RequestResponseBean to achieve the above scenario.

Regards

Venkat