cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we know when the record is check in/out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if there are any way to know when the record is check out/in...

This has not yet been supported by Change Tracker with SP09 if I'm not mistaken.

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

Waka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Waka,

When you use the Check Out commands to check out an existing main table record, MDM does the following:

MDM creates a private duplicate copy of the record for editing, and simultaneously protects the original from editing or deletion.

The user who checks out the record owns the checkout; authorized users can specify which other users can join the checkout.

The owner and users who join see the duplicate instead of the original everywhere, and any of them can edit the duplicate.

While the record is checked out, the duplicate is hidden from all other users, who continue to see the original.

MDM displays a checked out icon (yellow page symbol) and the username of the checkout owner in the [Checked Out] column of the Records grid and highlights the original in read-only gray.

When an authorized user performs a Check In, MDM replaces the original with the edited duplicate, which becomes visible to all users.

Hope i understood your query and response serves helpful. Please refer MDM Data manager Reference guide to exlpore more options.

Feel free to let us know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your quick response. That should be help a lot me understand the check in/out mechanism. Can I ask you more if you don't mind?

Actually I wanted to know what exact date and time the record is check in. The field whose attribute is time stamp should be updated when the record is updated/imported, not check-in in my understanding. Is there any way to know time stamp the record is check in. As long as I checked the reference guide, change tracker does not support this kind of changes yet.

Regards,

Waka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waka,

You would not get the check in and check out time. But if you have configured the Change tracker well, when you view the change tracking through the portal you shall get the before and after value, which user made the change and the time and date the change was done to a particular record.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Waka,

As you have rightly understood , a record can be be tracked with Timestamp attribute only when it is updated/imported.  It is not possible to track a change time of record whenever it is checked In/checked Out. You may check with SAP on this functionality - please consider raising OSS note. I think, considering your request will add more value to work.

Feel free to let us know if any queries/concerns.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thank you for your all the response regarding my inquiry. I somehow found the way to determine the check in/out timing thank to your advice.

As Ali mentioned in the first response, 2 version of record will exist when we check out the record, the duplicate and the original. The original will be deleted once the duplicate record is check in. Both 2 actions can be found in Change Tracker, so the timing of original record is deleted would be when the record is check in I would say. It works for me so far though it is a bit tricky to check them...

Thank you for your all the support to make this happen.

Regards,

Waka

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i am not wrong, the original one is not deleted, the duplication is deleted.