cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Workflow is not behave as like standard..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have copied standard WF WS14000133.. I am in SRM5 and SP07..

my problems are

1 . when i active standard workflow.. workitem is sending to approver immediatly but if deactivate and active my custom workflow which is same copy of WS14000133.. Workitem is not going to approver and in the approver preview the status shows ' To Be Approved by'.. What do I need to do solve this problem.. Is there any OSS notes available..

2 . If the standard workflow active then Add Approver and Add Reviewer buttons are enable.. But the same custom workflow those buttons are disable..

I am facing these problem around one week..

I appreciate if you reply as soon as earlier..

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Only oss note you'll find will say "don't copy dynamic workflow". In fact the workflow ID is checked and hard coded in several fonction to determine wether the workflow is a classic or dynamic one.

You may change the value in the abab code (some constants are defined in BBP_WFL_CON).

My suggestion would be: no copy of the workflow, better generate a new version of the standard and implement your change there.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

As your suggestion i have taken new version and add my custom step types..

After this the standard workflow is also not sending working to approver..

Before Order the cart i went to 'approver proview' where i can see all the approvers as soon as i ordered i got an message in 'approver preview' says 'No Approver Required'..

I have check in start condition everything is correct mean only standard workflow only active..and also I check in SWI2_FREQ where no workflow logs with the shopping cart number..

Can you please give some hints why its happened .. The same problem happen when i deactived my new version and active old version which is not modified one..

Thanks,

John.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Check the SC in BBP_PD transaction. If there is no workitem ID, that means workflow is not started. In this case, please check the event linkage in transaction SWU0 or SWETYPV. Also check SM58.

Regards,

Masa

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well the check you can do,

of course customizing with swu3.

Simulate event bus2121-saved with SWU0 and check that only one worklow may be started.

Make start condition as simple as possible.

Check that all task are classified as general, refresh buffer swu obuf

If not still not working, check your badi implementation and make an easy test with hardcoded value.

You also can activate the trace for dynamic workflow - note 903200 - it can give you valuable information.

Rgds,

Pierre

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

1. Go to BBP_PD and find your document.

There is the workitem ID in workflow section

Go to SWI1 and open the workitem

Check the workflow log. Also check the start condition.

2. Custom workflow should set anchor step. Please check it in standard template.

We need more information about you custom workflow.

Regards,

Masa