cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving SAPGUI Options as Standard

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPGUI 730 allows users to store their own version of saplogon.ini in their appdata folder.  (also applies to SAPGUI720)

C:\Users\nkeithwalker\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini

A new user logging onto the laptop for the first time will be presented with a blank saplogon screen, there are no connection details. 

The IT staff will not have access to this folder as anyone receiving a replacement laptop will not want to divulge their network password. We have found the solution to this is to place the standard saplogon.ini in the default folder, so that it wil be copied over when the new user logs on for the first time.

C:\Users\default\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini

However I want to introduce the Corbu themed design.  It will become part of the Standard Operating Environment image. This is easily set up in the SAPGUI options, but is not stored in the SAPLOGON.INI. 

Does anyone know where it is stored? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Nigel,
We had the same concern, my direction was to override the location of the SAPLOGON.ini file.
I created a directory off the 'C' drive and downloaded the saplogon file as part of the install.  I chose the windows parameter to point the user to the new file location, since this had worked well for our IT department for years.
Then, if SAPLOGON.ini file updates are needed the new location is not protected by windows - we can override the file from network login or whatever copy mechanism you have.
Following is the portion of the SAPGUI install post-install script where the steps are performed.
In this copy I am using C:\DIR\SAP\     (in real life it's C:\<company>\SAP)
Hope this helps.
- Brian.
Script:
' ---[  Create C:\DIR\SAP directory  ]--- NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Creating Custom c:\DIR\SAP folder" strDstFolder = "C:\DIR\SAP\" NwEngine.Shell.CreateDirectory strDstFolder
' ---[  Copy contents of WHOLE server directory (E:\SAPGUI Inst Server\CustomerFiles)  strSrcFolder = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%SapSrcDir%\CustomerFiles") strDstFolder = "C:\DIR\SAP" NwEngine.Shell.CopyDirectoryEx strSrcFolder, strDstFolder, vbTrue
'  ---[  Copy SAPLOGONTREE   <-- ENGLISH strSrcFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("C:\DIR\SAP\SapLogonTree_EN.xml") strDstFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("C:\DIR\SAP\SapLogonTree.xml") If NwEngine.Shell.FileExist( strSrcFile ) Then       NwEngine.Shell.CopyFile strSrcFile, strDstFile End If
  'SAPLOGON_INI_FILE Variable  - ENGLISH -[HKCU]- NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCU\Environment\SAPLOGON_INI_FILE", "REG_SZ", "c:\RPMBSG\SAP\saplogon_en.ini" NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCU\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment\SAPLOGON_INI_FILE", "REG_SZ", "c:\DIR\SAP\saplogon_en.ini" NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\SAPLOGON_INI_FILE", "REG_SZ", "c:\DIR\SAP\saplogon_en.ini" NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Language", "REG_SZ", "EN" NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\General\Language", "REG_SZ", "EN"
End Script

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are coding into the logon script, a change to the registry for the Corbu icon.  The SAPGUI 730 doco is sixty pages long, and is not designed for anyone starting out in SAP.  It would be nice to see SAP pay some attention to simplifying matters.  I wil update this discussion after we have had some feedback from the first batch of laptops.  There will be fifty replacements over the next three weeks, I should be getting an i7 with 8GB and a solid state disk!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just read the doc linked.  Very interesting.  We have been discussing why the Corbu design is registered in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  Would it not make sense for the corporate world to set up the corporate default look?  We are considering entering this in the logon script.  Does anyone know of a better method?

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

There is another method to set the themes i.e. using profile parameter sapgui/theme

I don't know the exact value for Corbu design. However you can checkout the below note for other themes.

Note 1640960 - New profile parameter sapgui/signature_color (kernel part)

Note 610274 - New sapgui/theme profile value

Regards,

Rajkumar

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

These settings are stored in Registry entries.

Registry Values:
Theme [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance] “SelectedTheme” (REG_DWORD) [Default: “1”] Possible Values (Invalid Value ? SAP Signature Design will be used):
0x1 = SAP Signature Design
0x2 = Enjoy Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x4 = System Dependent Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x8 = Streamline Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x10 = Tradeshow Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x20 = Classic Design 0x40 = Corbu Design

Restricting entries in “Theme” combobox:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\General\Appearance\Themes]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\General\Appearance\Themes] (32 bit OS)
“SelectableThemes” (REG_DWORD) [Default: “0x7F”] (for restricting entries in “Theme” combobox):
0x1 = SAP Signature Design
0x2 = Enjoy Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x4 = System Dependent Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x8 = Streamline Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x10 = Tradeshow Theme (Enjoy Design)
0x20 = Classic Design
0x40 = Corbu Design

Please see the below document i.e SAP GUI administration. It's described very clearly.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29257

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Appearance\SelectedTheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, After your suggestion I had a look in the registry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  Under software/sap/general/appearance  I do not have selected theme but I do have Systems, Themes, Applications  Under themes I have Enjoy, High Contrast theme, Streamline and Tradeshow.

Surely the registry is independent of the user.  So my HKCU wil be different from the new user's HKCU?  Maybe I am missing something here.  I need to set up the new user's theme for them as the company default. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please highlight Appearance branch on left panel and check right panel for SelectedTheme.