Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SYSTEM COPY

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to make a system copy by export/import method. (R3load) but a I have the following questions:

System info:

SAP NW 7.0 EHP1

Platform Source System: Winserver 2003 x32 bits / Oracle 10G

Platform Target System: Winserver 2008 -x64 bits

My initial plan is just to make a system copy to a higher OS versión but can I also  Install a higher DB ? I mean, Can I make the export using Oracle 10G and then install Oracle 11G in the target platform?, or  Do I have to  install Oracle 10G in the target platform and then make an oracle upgrade to 11G?

Thanks in advance,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JA,

Yes, you can export using Oracle 10G and then install Oracle 11G in the target platform. We have done this couples of time....

Thanks

Sumit

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sumit. Do you know if there's any special post system copy activity or consideration by following that path?

Now, can someone tell me wich is the best strategy (advantages/disadvantages)?

Option 1: system copy from Winserver 2003 x86/ Oracle 10G to Winserver 2008 x64 / Oracle 11G

Option 2: system copy from Winserver 2003 x86/ Oracle 10G to Winserver 2008 x64 / Oracle 10G and then the DB upgrade to Oracle 11G.

Thanks for your time,

JAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jam,

You can go with the OPTION 1... This is easy and safe too.

You can perform the following steps.

1.Take a export of your source system.

2.install oracle 11g in your target system

3.import the data in the target system that is windows 2008 server.

The data you are taking as an export is independent of OS and DB.. That means you can import it in any OS or DB that are supported by SAP.

So please go ahead with option 1 which is very easy one too.

Most of the people would go in this way only....

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Answers (0)