0 Kudos

Hello,

We've noticed that our SCC (version 3.2.7) will not start on out

test

SUP

2.2.2 system. We've recently patched from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 but we

are unsure if this is related, since it was fine before the upgrade. From the

logs. In the Agent.log We see these errors:

Messaging provider failed to fully start.

013-03-29 13:18:31,901 [ERROR] [plugin.PluginRegisterService                 ] [Agent Bootstrap Thread] - Failed to register plugin com.sybase.uep.admin.agent.plugin_2.0.0. Failed to start MessageSender. com.sybase.alert.message.api.ConnectionException: javax.naming.NamingException:

Caused by: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: localhost, port: 2100.

| at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.init(Connection.java:624)

| at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.getInstance(Connection.java:70)

We restarted all services and rebooted the servers several times but still it does not work.

I attached the SCC logs and the SUP logs for your analysis

thanks,

any help is appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Locking this thread against necromancy.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

evgeny_lebedev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Read please

Known Issues with Installing, Uninstalling, and Upgrading

DocCommentXchange

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is quite old already, just in case others run into a similar problem - KBA 1855587 describes such a scenario and the possible solution.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I couldn't find out KBA 1855587.

Could you please share the link.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure - If you follow this link and enter the KBA number, the note should come up:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/notes

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Killing the process from command prompt  and then restarting the process from the Service list ( services.msc) generally helps.

Thanks,

Sharvari

Former Member
0 Kudos

For starting the service start unwired server  in sybase workspace we can click , after that service will be start . It will take some time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiston & Rupam

we also faced the same challenges when we have upgraded SUP frrom 2.1.3 to 2.2.2, here is the fix which we have applied to SUP 2.2.2

The reason could sup.properties file might have been corrupted.

At first Stop all the service

Open the SYNC_DATA table in cluster.db in dbisql

Execute the following : select xp_write_file("C:\data.zip", DATA) from sync_data where domainid = -1

Extract the zip file and copy the contents of the file to <SERVER>\UnwiredServer\Repository\Instance\com\sybase\sup\server\SUPServer of each and every node, please make you have a back up of sup.properties file

also check the sup.properties file extracted in C:\data\Repository\Instance\com\sybase\sup\server\SUPServer and verify if it contains the the proper contents

create an empty file sup.cff file at <Installed Location>\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin\private\sup.cff

then restart server.

Let me if that helps you also

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

rupambhatta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas for sharing your experience.

I followed your suggestions step by step, but sadly, it did not fix my issue. The existing sup.properties file was ok and I guess it was not due to corrupted properties file.

My issue is very similar to what Fiston reported in this thread. I get very similar error (as his attached logs) - regarding MessageSender.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Rupam

DanielSilva1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Srinivas.

I tried to follow the process you described, but the generated data.zip file doesn't have the sup.properties file. Do you have any idea why?

I really believe that my problem is the sup.properties file that is corrupted.

Thanks!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel

If the sup.properties file got corrupted, you could try to generate a new one using the updateprops.bat utility, please take a look at this link for details:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00835.0222/doc/html/aba12...

HTH

Ralph

DanielSilva1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Ralph.

Thanks for replying!

In fact, there was another corrupted file: ..\SAP\SCC-3_2\plugins\com.sybase.smpadminplugin_2.3.3\agent-plugin.xml

I followed the following procedure that solved my problem. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Daniel

Reproducing the Issue

1. Install SMP 2.3
  2. Upgrade SMP 2.3 with SP03
  3. Upgrade finished with "ERROR: SAP Control Center 3.2.7 failed.The SAP Control Center 3.2.7 service could not be started.
    A system error has occurred.System error 1067 has occurred."

Cause

Root cause was a corrupted ..\SAP\SCC-3_2\plugins\com.sybase.smpadminplugin_2.3.3\agent-plugin.xml due to permission issues.
The corrupted agent-plugin.xml is missing the "properties" like in the following example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<agent-plugin name="Admin Tooling Agent Plugin" version="2.3.0" id="com.sybase.uep.admin.agent.plugin" class="com.sybase.uep.sysadmin.management.plugin.UEPATPlugin" provider-name="Sybase, Inc." register-on-startup="true" enabled="true" mbean-type="Model MBean" mbean-descriptor="mbean-descriptor.xml" arl-config="arl.xml" auto-register="true" auto-unregister="false" auto-unregister-grace-period="5" offline="false">
  <dependencies>
    <dependency type="service" id="SccService" version="3.2.0" />
    <dependency type="plugin" id="com.sybase.ua.plugins.sccmap" version="3.2.6" />
  </dependencies>
<properties />
</agent-plugin>

Resolution

1. Before applying SP03 the "Read-only" attribute at the Properties of the SMP installation folder AND SP03 installation folder MUST be unset.
  2. To fix the corrupted agent-plugin.xml the following steps are required:
    - Find out the correct backed up agent-plugin.xml which contains version="2.3.3" and contains the properties.
    - Stop all SMP services.
    - Backup the agent-plugin.xml from ..\SAP\SCC-3_2\plugins\com.sybase.smpadminplugin_2.3.3\ outside of SMP and delete the existing one
    - Rename the correct ..\SAP\SCC-3_2\plugins\com.sybase.smpadminplugin_2.3.3\agent-plugin.xml.bak.<number> to "agent-plugin.xml".
    - Restart all SMP services again.
  3. The correct agent-plugin.xml should look like the following example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <agent-plugin name="Admin Tooling Agent Plugin" version="2.3.3" id="com.sybase.uep.admin.agent.plugin" class="com.sybase.uep.sysadmin.management.plugin.UEPATPlugin" provider-name="Sybase, Inc." register-on-startup="true" enabled="true" mbean-type="Model MBean" mbean-descriptor="mbean-descriptor.xml" arl-config="arl.xml" auto-register="true" auto-unregister="false" auto-unregister-grace-period="5" offline="false">
      <dependencies>
        <dependency type="service" id="SccService" version="3.2.0" />
        <dependency type="plugin" id="com.sybase.ua.plugins.sccmap" version="3.2.6" />
      </dependencies>
      <properties>
        <set-property property="auto.discovery.enable.on.startup" value="true" />
        <set-property property="auto.discovery.log.repeat" value="3" />
        <set-property property="auto.discovery.schedule.enable.on.startup" value="true" />
        <set-property property="auto.discovery.schedule.interval" value="300000" />
        <set-property property="auto.register.localSUP.enable" value="true" />
        <set-property property="newVersion" value="true" />
        <set-property property="server.edition" value="EE" />
        <set-property property="sup.server.path" value="C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer" />
      </properties>
    </agent-plugin>
markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After our upgrade the SUP management Port was changed automatically from 2000 to 2001. After log in to SCC I could change it back to 2000 and I could connect again to the SUP Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

the problem is that, SCC services are not starting at all, other services are fine, therefore I can not even log in to SCC as You did.

Fiston

rupambhatta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Fiston,

I am also facing the exact same issue. SCC service does not even start. Did you find any solution to this?

Regards,

Rupam

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

When you say "SCC Does not start" are you talking about the  SCC Service, correct?

Do you see any info in the  logs located at \SCC-3_2\log dir?

rupambhatta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I am referring to SCC windows service.

Please see the SCC agent log attached.

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

I see this in the agent  log, seems your messaging server did not start, Any info in the Windows Event viewer?

2013-06-17 12:08:03,684 [ERROR] [alert.AlertService                           ] [Agent Bootstrap Thread] - Failed to start MessageSender: javax.naming.NamingException:

Caused by: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: localhost, port: 2100.

Sybase Control Center Ports

Ports used by Sybase Control Center services, default assignments, and protocols.
RMI service
TCP/IP
Messaging service
TCP/IP
SCC repository database server
TDS
Web container
HTTP
HTTPS
former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Fiston,

Recently i tried upgrading from 2.2.1 SUp server to SUp 2.2.2.

1) Did you took SUP (221 and 222) installers from SMP.

2) Did you face any issues while upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2.

Manjunath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manjunath,

Yes, we used the installers from SMP and we did not get any warnings or issues during the upgrade process.

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

Error: Connecting to host: localhost, port: 2100.

Have you confirm that the SUP server came up clean and listening on port 2100 the IIOPS port?

I have not look at many SUP 2.2.2 logs yet but  this  Sever log did not look complete to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

thanks for the answer. There was not port conflict after we ran the scc --info ports command. And the port 2100 seems to be used properly here is part of the report:

Service Port Configuration ----   Service Name  Property  Name Current Value In Use Address

RMI      port 9999                 false  127.0.0.1

EmbeddedWebContainer   http.port                      8282  false ANY

Messaging              messaging.port 2100        fales ANY

And you are correct at first the SUP log seems incomplete but after I compare his with mine, there seems to be no issue with it.

Fiston

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

OOPs I was thinking of Port 2001 not 2100 sorry

Yes port 2100 is the messging server port.

Are there any error in any of the other logs

Messaging service

TCP/IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I did not see any errors at all except the ones mentioned.