SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EG31 User Exit or BADI for "SAVE" button

Mantovas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to find an user exit or BADI to allow me update a custom table when the user click the "SAVE" button in EG31 (Equipment Full Installation).

I already went through EDMD1001, EDMDI002 and EDMDI003 exists but none of them are triggered when the user click the save button.

Have you see any other User Exit or BADI I can use to do what I need?

Thanks in advance.

R.M.

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Have you checked the exit E07 (IS-U:Device installation and utility inst. structure)?

Thanks

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried E07 as well but it doesn't stop.

I added some break-points in its user-exits but they didn't work.

In EG31 we have basically 2 screens, the first screen is where we enter the new device and the second screen is where we enter the device details after click "process list".

I made my trigger work when the user click the "Save" button in this second screen. But if the user finishes entering the device details, click "Back" button to return to the first screen and then click the "Save" button in the first screen my trigger doesn't work.

It seems that if the user click back in the second screen, the system returns to the first screen with a kind of "Work List" to wrap the devices to be installed and follows a different path to finalize the installation. This different path doesn't go through the user-exits I found so far.

Any idea how to trigger the action in the "Save" button of the first screen?

Thanks again.

R.M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I also couldn't find any exit which would get triggerred when you press "Save" in the initial screen.

I think if we restrict the User to save the details in the second screen before hitting back button through Process\System, it would solve the purpose.

On searching, I found the enhancement spot ISU_DM_TRANSF_ALLOC.

I am not sure whether you have looked at this BADI before or not. If not, can you check whether it is of any help to cater your solution.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I tried the ISU_DM_TRANSF_ALLOC BADI but it doesn't work for my purpose.

I was trying to avoid the use of implicit enhancements but I think this will be the only way to trigger something during the SAVE process in EG31 first screen.

Include LE30DF02 line 958.

Thanks for your help.

R.M.

0 Kudos

I tried to create implicit enhancements in Include LE30DF02 line 958. but it is not allowing. Have you got any solution