SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for additional receivables that deal with calculation and dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have defined rules in addtional receivables to calculate interest on additional items (Interest, charges etc.,), but its not taking into consideration to calculate the interest on additional items when I execute the interest run. Please let me know if I am missing something here....

Thank you,

Chinna Katireddy (CK)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Check the following-

(a) Have you activated the following SPRO settings?

SPRO--->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Central Settings for Posting----------

"Additional receivables in Standard Company Code"

This Controls whether additional receivables (for example charges and interest) are posted in the standard company code for the contract account or in the company code triggering the main receivable

(b) Have you assigned the additional receivables rule to the main\sub combination in the following SPRO Node?

SPRO--->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Business Transactions-->Additional Receivables-->Postprocess Sub-Transactions.

This is for identifying a transaction as an additional receivable. An additional receivable is one which refers back to another receivable.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Check the following-

(a) Have you activated the following SPRO settings?

SPRO--->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents-->Basic Settings-->Maintain Central Settings for Posting----------

"Additional receivables in Standard Company Code"

This Controls whether additional receivables (for example charges and interest) are posted in the standard company code for the contract account or in the company code triggering the main receivable

(b) Have you assigned the additional receivables rule to the main\sub combination in the following SPRO Node?

SPRO--->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Business Transactions-->Additional Receivables-->Postprocess Sub-Transactions.

This is for identifying a transaction as an additional receivable. An additional receivable is one which refers back to another receivable.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amlan. I missed central settings. Its working if I have one interest key. I have multiple interest keys with different interest rates. How will we assign if we have more than one?

In Post process Sub-Transactions, we can assign only one rule. Even If I think to create mutiple subs..that will not solve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Chinna Katireddy

0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

I don't think you will be able to configure multiple interest keys for the same company code group in one single rule.

You have to create seperate rules for catering your requirement.

And since there is 1:1 mapping of the sub-transactions to the rule, you have to create multiple subs which you can assign to the rules.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan