cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Sharing Reference: PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello world...

So here's the problem, i have a WD that has a sharing reference to PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application in order to use some libraries from KM, but the final environment has Webas and the Portal (with KM) on seperate servers, so when i try to deploy the application i get the following warning:

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application com.cts/mslist and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 4817050:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application com.cts/mslist cannot be started. Reason:<b> it has hard reference to resource com.sap.km.application with type application, which is not active on the server.</b>

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:579)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processMakeReference(ReferenceResolver.java:399)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:328)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:170)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:139)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer (ApplicationTransaction.java:292)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:327)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:111)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:230)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4680)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4585)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4558)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1163)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:304)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:193)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process (ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application com.cts/mslist and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 4817050:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application com.cts/mslist cannot be started. Reason:

<b></b>

it has hard reference to resource com.sap.km.application with type application, which is not active on the server.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:579)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processMakeReference(ReferenceResolver.java:399)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:328)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:170)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:139)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer (ApplicationTransaction.java:292)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:327)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:111)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:230)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4680)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4585)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4558)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1163)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:304)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:193)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process (ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

I think the problem is that my webdynpro Sharing Reference (PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application) it's pointing to a place on the webas (all the wd application are on the webas) assuming that the KM and the Portal are on the same place as the wd application. I think that if i can point this reference to the Portal i'll solve this problem, but i don't know how to this and i can't find info about the Webdynpro Sharing References.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any reason to run this WebDynpro application in a separate server ? When you are accessing a service from other server.. generically.. the service has to be exposed as a webservice to be used across.. otherwise.. its usage is restricted to that server only.. Sounds logical isnt it ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer Bharathwaj, the environment in which we are working right now has this kind of architecture, webas and the portal on separate places, it's supposed to be recommended by SAP :S.

Anyway, your solution seems to be pretty logical to me, but i haven't developed a webservice before, can you provide me some information about it?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

see this blog in order to develop a webservice:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/15/creating-a-web-service-and-consuming-it-in-web-dynpro

Hope this help you.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

So basically i have to

1) Develop an EJB with the method i'm going to use on the WD

2) Then i'll use that ejb to create the webservice (server side) using the netweaver webservice <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/2a4cc3fa-0701-0010-52bb-f553f143a2f6">wizard</a> 3) Create the webservice (client side)

4) And finally i have to modify my current code (in which i call the method from KM) to call the methods inside the webservice client.

Is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes!! Correct!!!

You can test your web service here: http://name:port/wsnavigator/enterwsdl.html

Bye,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok now i'm working on this solutions, but one last question Vito, how can i use the webservice from the webdynpro? what should i do to use it inside the wd?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you import the Web Service into WD.... you create a Web Service Model.

Then bind the model to the context, so you can see the attribute to send to the Web Service and then the context to the view Context.

please, see here a very simple example:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/ddc4705e911f43a611840d8decb5f6/frameset.htm

The code you need to calls Web Service methods is here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/ddc4705e911f43a611840d8decb5f6/frameset.htm

Ciao,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Vito thanks for that information, it solved my problem!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i just found this with the exact same problem.

Now i know what is the problem, does anybody have a suggestion? any ideas?

what if i create a Development Component (.ear) with the application PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application in order to have the WD application and the Sharing reference application on the same side???

Thanks in advance