SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing during invoice entry: QCI issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In GR based invoice entry (MIRO), pricing conditions based on PLATT'S quotations are using product density calculated in Goods Recept with QCI module.

For example, 28.739 M15 is converted to 24.284 TO. Therefore density that is calculated here is 24.284 / 28.739 = 0.8449 (1 M15 = 0,8449 TO).

Density that is used during PO creation for pricing condition is the one coming from material master: 1 M15 = 0.845 TO (contractual density).

Therefore, a slight difference may occur in price calculated in PO compare with price calculated during invoice entry (MIRO).

Vendor invoices are most of the time calculated on contractual density of the product. Therefore, my question is:

Is it possible to use density from material master rather than from QCI during Invoice entry?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

PO is M15 as UoM.

There is a pricing condition which is calculated on PLATT'S.

PLATT'S quotations are in $ per TO.

During PO creation, for the calculation of that particular condition, tons (TO) are converted into M15, using units of measure contained in material master (845 TO = 1000 M15).

Whereas, during invoice entry based on that PO, system is recalculating pricing condition based on conversions given by QCI module in GR for which 28.739 M15 is converted into 24.284 TO instead of 24.284455 TO.

This rounding leads to slight differences in price per unit of that particular condition between PO and MIRO

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Can you provide PO conditions and MIRO conditions with quantities & UoM?

Please specify if there is any discount conditions before calculating net price.

Based on your current inputs, I don't see any role of Density in price calculation as price is calculated based on Unit price (Platts price) times the converted Quantity.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

PO is M15 as UoM.

There is a pricing condition which is calculated on PLATT'S.

PLATT'S quotations are in $ per TO.

During PO creation, for the calculation of that particular condition, tons (TO) are converted into M15, using units of measure contained in material master (845 TO = 1000 M15).

Whereas, during invoice entry based on that PO, system is recalculating pricing condition based on conversions given by QCI module in GR for which 28.739 M15 is converted into 24.284 TO instead of 24.284455 TO.

This rounding leads to slight differences in price per unit of that particular condition between PO and MIRO

0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

This is nothing to do with QCI conversions.

The issue I can see here is the number of decimals system allowing during the PO call off and MIRO.

In quantity conversion, you have 6 digits and in MIRO, you have only 3 digits.  System rounded off the value to three digits and gave the figure as 24.282.  This will leads to rounding issues for sure. 

I'm not very sure in MM pricing, but I faced similar issue before in SD.  I overcome this by developing a Alternate calculation type rule and it worked well.

If MM allows you to do the necessary changes, I recommend you to develop a routine where you have to consider the Unit Price (after conversion) from ticket additional UoM and multiply with quantity.  Ex: 24.284455 times Quantity.  This helps you to overcome the issue.

Please do let me know, if you would need more help.

Regards,

Chandra