cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if j2ee patch is running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently deploying SP11 for WAS 640 sp09. Step 15 of 19 (deploy online) has been running for 10 hours and no errors, but it appears to be on the same step. How can you validate that it is indeed running?

Thanks

Jeremy Baker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

You can have a look in the sapinst.log, sapinst_dev.log, and callSdmViaSapinst.log files in the SAPinst temp dir. Check the last entries in there.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find a note that mentioned lowering the bootstrap heap size for the memory.

I cant remember the number

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Did you resolve your problem?

I am getting the same thing.

Am patching J2EE from 9 to 11 on Win2k/Oracle and seems to have hung in step 16 'Deply online' has been in this phase for 2 hours now, with no further addition to the log files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I retried the patch and still the same problem I have included the following excerpts from the logs

sapinst_dev.log

INFO 2005-03-29 20:46:22

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_07/bin/java.exe '-Xmx256M' '-jar' 'S:\usr\sap/J2E/JC01/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar' 'deploy' 'list=C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/SDAS_TO_BE_DEPLOYED.LST' 'onerror=stop' 'sdmhome=S:\usr\sap/J2E/JC01/SDM/program' 'logfile=C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA/callSdmViaSapinst.log' 'logtoconsole=true' is written to the logfile java.exe.log.

java.exe.log

Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

and

deafult0.trc

#SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_64##0#0#Error#1#/System/Audit#Java###Exception #1#com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: A deploy callback threw an exception while processing event Deploy Event:

phase : local finish

operation : start an application

component name : sap.com/com.sap.ip.me.insttool

from server : Server 0 1_36535

status started

application components : {webservices_container=[Ljava.lang.String;@1c83579,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the logs already mentioned, you can also check the logs in the SDM directory. These logs are from the SDM process. Let me know if you need the specific location of the log file.

What O.S. platform are you on?

I've had similar hanging issues in the past when deploying and OSS note 796560 helped on HP-UX...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The last line I get in the log is

Mar 28, 2005 10:39:10... Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

This was 10 hours ago.

Thanks

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

You can also check for errors in the defaultTrace.trc file in /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server<N>/log. Search for the name of the application that is being deployed by SDM (it's a few lines above in the sapinst.log: Info: Starting to execute deployment action (update) for "<app-name>").

If this doesn't help you can try to restart the cluster of the J2EE Engine and continue with the patch from where it hanged.

HTH,

Vladimir