cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway license utililization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've seen several inquiries here and elsewhere about the licensing model for Gateway (basically, an annual per-usage pricing agreement).  As it has been explained to me, a usage consists of any service call into Gateway coming from the consumer of the RESTful service.  My question is:  Where / how do I obtain a measure of the service call consumption, in aggregate and per application?  This is important as we decide the feasibility of expanding the suite of applications making use of our Gateway platform.

Thanks in advance,

-- Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It took some time for me to obtain the access I needed (especially in Prod environment), but the following information from SAP was helpful.  Particularly useful to me is the data stored in table /IWFND/L_METAGR:

For all requests coming to Gateway system, Gateway logs some details in the metering related table and the table name is: /IWFND/L_MET_COL. You will be able to see these details by running report /IWFND/R_METERING_VIEW.

Gateway also provides another report: /IWFND/R_METERING_AGGREGATE which will take the aggregated details from table /IWFND/L_MET_COL into other tables (/IWFND/L_MET_AGR, /IWFND/L_METAGR, /IWFND/D_MET_AGR).

/IWFND/R_METERING_CRT_JOBS report can be used to schedule above aggregation report as a batch job. Also report /IWFND/R_METERING_DELETE can be used to delete old metering information from Gateway tables.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

not sure if you all have seen this, but you can now also purchase SAP NetWeaver Gateway via the SAP Store (store.sap.com -> search for 'Gateway').

As all named SAP users (Business Professional User, Limited, ...) already have Gateway usage rights today, here additional users can be purchased, that can only access the SAP Business Suite via Gateway / OData.  

For anonymous access the 'Consumer Access' option is available, which is measured by calls (the other options - named users - are not measured by calls).

And yes, the license audit is involved.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I could not find an information that all named SAP users already have Gateway usage rights included anywhere. Could you please tell me where I can lookup this?

Thanks

Michele

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a guess: maybe it's part of the license audit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:  Seeing no response here I have opened Customer Message 0000355330 2013 to formally request "how-to" information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please update with was reply have you been received from OSS message.

Thanks,

Nikunj Thaker