cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Data Name/Address Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is that possible I have any SAP Notes to enhance Customer Master Data's Name/Address Field Eg : 40 Character  to 60 Character per line .

Thank you all in Advance.

Regards,

Trevor Wong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to increase the length of the Data element for Name such as NAME1_GP (From KNV1 table)

currently the length is 35 and we if you want to increase, you should get the ACCESS KEY and it is not recommended as it is a standard way

check with business and if it is really needed then get the ACCESS KEY and make necessary changes

regards,

santosh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

It's not a best practice to change field length and further it may lead to inconsistencies in the database.

Thanks,

sambasiva

former_member189545
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

please see my SAP note / KBAs regarding your question:

1795444 -  Customer / Vendor does not appear in search results

I hope I could help you.

Best regards,

Zsuzsanna

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Impossible thing. If you have an issue with a client, show him SAP Note 727074 - SE11/SE80: Data element cannot be changed.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is not possible to extend the length of the fields. Even if you try with an ABAP'er, you must first check how many tables got affected by the change and what it's impact as the fields might be used in cross-application components.

You can also check with your ABAP'er on adding Z-fields to take care of the characters issues.

Few OSS notes that talks about field length (for example "search name") that you can take as guidance.

1828260  - Not possible to search business partners based on NAME1 for more than 35 characters

1795444  - Customer / Vendor does not appear in search results

Regards,

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes.. its not recommended to change SAP standard tables.

check with your ABAPER and do as per santhosh suggestion in table KNA1

Regards,

Krishna.