cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KWMENG field for a subitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a reference characteristic (with table and field reference as VCSD_UPDATE and KWMENG) for passing the quantity entered by the user in the configurator into line item. It is working well for an independent line item, but if I use the same for a subitem the value is not passed from configurator to line item.

For example. If I give the reference of higher level line item number in the second line item, the value does not pass from the configurator.

When I checked the message it said that for a subitem, value is not passed from configurator. Is there any workaround to achieve this?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

As per my knowledge, the sub item quantity is based upon BOM of higher level item and once you change the higher level quantity the BOM explosion function should take care of changing quantity for sub item.

if this quantity change is dynamnic ( applicable to few components ) you can write dependencies in BOM item level.

Check and revert back.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

We are not using any BoM in our scenarios (Sales BoM). It is just that we add an optional product to the main product which gets routed to the particular work centre. Since we need the reference of the main product, we are taking this optional product as a dependent product (subitem) to the higher level item. This "child" product also has quantity field in the configurator which I need to pass to line item, but I am not able to do so.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

VC can work well , if the sub item is a part of configuration ( ex through BOM) , so if in your case if you are generating this sub items in sales order out side VC , you need to build this logic of quantity change in same.

If you can explain the steps how you are making this connection i may try to suggest work around.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

My scenario is very simple. I have a product called Postcard, configurable material, and I have an add on product (optional service) called, Mailing product, once again configurable material. Since the customer wants Mailing Service for a postcard, we link this mailing product to the postcard in sales order as a subitem so that it is routed to the mailing work centre.

Now since this is a subitem with reference to the higher level item, I am not able to pass the quantity from the mailing product configurator to line item (subitem).

Regards

Adithya

We cannot maintain a sales bom for this also, as we will not be sure of the subitem quantity which is customer driven.