Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charts blank after a pop-up displays for exporting data to Excel

former_member210148
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a WDA application that displays a few basic charts below a data table.  Each chart is on its own tab in a TabStrip UI element.  The application is accessed via our portal, and I'm using IE 9.

The charts display just fine until someone chooses to export the data table to an Excel file.  What happens is that as soon as the pop-up displays a message asking the user if they'd like to open, save, or cancel, the charts disappear / blank on the tabs.  If I click on a row in my data table (which calls code to update the associate chart nodes), then the charts appear again.

Before the pop-up:

After the pop-up (all 3 tabs for each chart look the same as the one below):

The Method that exports the data to Excel calls the following Method to generate the pop-up and export the data:

CALL METHOD cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response
    EXPORTING
      i_filename  = w_filename
      i_content   = w_xstr
      i_mime_type = 'EXCEL'.

Does anyone know what may be happening?  I've tried searching on this topic but haven't come up with anything, and after a lot of trial and error, I'm really at a loss here.

Thanks!

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210148
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, I've been able to come up with a solution that works, and I thought I'd describe what I did in case anyone else runs into a similar situation.

My chart tabstrip resides in its own transparent container.  In the action that fires when the user clicks the button to export the data to Excel, I do two things: 1) I set the visibility of the container to NONE, and 2) I enable a timedtrigger UI element I created specifically for this issue.  It has a delay of 1 second.

After the 1 second passes, an action is fired that does just the opposite of what I did before:  1) I set the visibility of the container to VISIBLE, and 2) I disable the timedtrigger UI element.

Regardless of how quickly I respond to the pop-up generated by my export to Excel (to open, save, or cancel the action), the chart container disappears for a brief second, then returns.

Like everything SAP, I'm sure there's more than one way to skin this cat, but this is what I did.

Have a great day!