Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share \usr\eps\in

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to share the same \usr\eps\in for the both system, Quality and Development and in the future Productions.

How do I proceed?

NOTE: The development system was installed in a stand alone and the quality is on Domain.

best regards,

nelson chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on Windows or Unix? The transport directory (sapmnt\trans) is shared per default on Windows, you just have to setup permissions to the share and configure systems to use the central transport directory instead of the local one.

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaski,

I´m on windows and yes the sapmnt is shared, i can see it from other systems. so how do I set these permissions, how do i tell the development system to use the quality system transport directory?

Look, the devel systems was build outside the domain, so first he need to be joint to domain and then user the sapmnt, this cannot be a problem?

regards,

nelson\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it will make sense to include the development system in the domain but it doesn't have to as long as the share can be accessed. Ask your Windows admins to help you with the share and security permissions, it is not specific to SAP. You will have to add Full Authorization to the SAPService<SID> accounts on the share. Follow Haroon's advice on how to setup the central transport directory in SAP. See also the relevant chapters in the Application Help for your SAP release.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Haroon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Nelson,
The global transport directory and all the

necessary subdirectories are created automatically during the installation of the SAP

system , since your system is already installed ,you need configure as per the below notes:
62739    Configuring a central transport host
28781    Central transport directory NT/UNIX

I guess your landscape is on windows

The SAP system parameter DIR_TRANS has to point to the path of the transport
directory. For Unix, the default path is /usr/sap/trans. For Windows NT, the default
path is \\$(SAPTRANSHOST)\sapmnt\trans and you must define the transport host
with the alias SAPTRANSHOST on operating system level of the domain name server.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Haroon Rasheed