cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running EHP1 for SAP PI 7.3 ABAP+JAVA upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Warm Greetings!

We are upgrading our system from PI7.30 to PI7.31 for which we are running the EHP1 .

After the BASIS team had performed their activities we were given the system to perform the Checks. During the checks i came across the following doubts.

The upgraded system has both the version components(PI7.30 & PI7.31) like SAP BASIS 7.30 & SAP BASIS 7.31 , speaking of which we have the metadata for each version and both the versions are reflected .

We were in a opinion that once the upgrade is done then all the standard objects in version 7.30 will be replaced by 7.31 objects and the adapter metadata of 7.30 version  which is used in configuration of communication channels will be replaced automatically by 7.31 metadata. But it has not happened.

So please suggest do we have to manually change the metadata used in channels and other objects , if it is the case then it will require a lot of manual effort , and still version 7.30 and its objects will be visible.

If the above option is not logical and the metadata should be replaced automatically with the 7.31 version metadata and 7.30 version must be overwritten , then please suggest the points that we need to convey to our BASIS team so that they can remedy the same.

Please advice.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SAP BASIS ESR Content is not 'upgraded'. So it is expected that you will see both versions of these Contents when you go from 7.30 to 7.31.

To the best of my knowledge, all existing scenarios (Communication Channels) will continue to use the 7.30 Adapter Metadata. After the upgrade, you have the option of continuing to use this metadata version or manually changing to the 7.31 Adapter Metadata version. There is no technical requirement to change this, as the 7.30 version will work perfectly well. Only if you have a business requirement to use the 7.31 metadata will there be a requirement to make the change.

So, in brief, you don't need to change the metadata unless there is a business requirement to do so.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

In addition to Mark's words, you can even have Adapter Metadata from older PI/XI versions, like 7.02 or 7.1.

Just take care of XI content for applications. For example, in case you have XI content for SRM or GRC scenarios in PI and you have updated the ADD-ON on ABAP stack, review the XI content to be sure if it needs to be updated as well.

BR,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Regards

Sunanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanth,

Can you please inform us with the List of Basis Tasks for performing Upadte from 7.3 Dual Stack to 7.31 Dual Stack. This is needed urgently, it would be really helpful if you could share it.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have observed 2 versions of  Adapter Metadata even when we upgraded to PI7.11 from PI 7.0

So i think  its  OK to have 2 adapter metadata version and manually configure to latest version if any specific issue is encountered. Otherwise they function the same way.

When configuring new interfaces you can select new version of metadata and keep using the old version for old interfaces to avoid manual update to all interface.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanth,

Could you please let me know in which they have performed upgrade? Sandbox/dev system or quality or production, i hope it is sandbox/dev system.

I think your upgrade not done accurately hence Adapter meta data not updated correctly, ask them to perform once again and make sure that adapter meta data updated.

or

manually They can update meta data.

Regards,

Raj