Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority Concept: Trace File after ST01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

i am currently working on an authority concept. i am in need to reduce the profile SAP_ALL of specific users, so I thought:

1. trace all the users and save the files
  2. create new roles/profiles of the trace files

i have some questions:

• would you also do it like that or is there a common way/approach?
  • is there a SAP standard Role for RFC_APO which sends data between R/3 and APO? i couldn't find any and I think there must be a standard profile from SAP because creating an own will be much too dangerous if some authority or transactions are missing
  • i made a trace for a user and then i saved the file, but I can't find it on my computer. the really weird thing is that it says "File saved to E:/...../tracefile01" but E: is my CD-ROM. I cant find the file anywhere.

I am thankful for any help on those questions!

Thank you,

Dominik

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should contact your basis folks and get them to go down to the data center to check the CD-ROM drive of the server...  😉

There are no reliable standard roles for RFC scenarios, but some demo roles of various quality and mostly built manually or from the "SAP_ALL minus X and Y" approach as SAP does not know what you are really using at a system connection level. What about Z-functions and programs?

There are however some obscure OSS notes about minimum requirements and services offered by SAP consulting in some countries.

Is this only for RFC calls with APO or does the scenario also have to be interactive with SAPGui for the call? There are plenty of special cases and exceptions to the rules in RFC, and APO is certainly amongst them!

Cheers,

Julius