cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stms error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

recently we are installed sap ides ecc6.0, after the installation we are trying tp upgrade spam . we are getting a error tp is not problem ,

we create the  tms , it shows u are loged on to the domain controler , but the no file sap mnt \usr\sap\ defalut.aa4.pfl.

we are getting the error when i try to upgrade the stms in sap systems. i have attach the screen shot how to reolve the error

how to resolve this issues?????

regards

vreddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have maintained the DIR_Trans parameter correctly.

Please go to AL11 tcode and check whether it is pointing to correct trans directory.

As per the screenshot it is pointing to /sapmnt/bin... Please check whether TP_DOMAIN_AA4.PFL exists in /sapmnt/bin/location.

I would suggest you to reconfigure the STMS using the link provided by Atul.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks alot there is no file sapmnt directory, i will atach the screen shot of stms

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is wrong on a very simple basis.

<drive>:\usr\sap on a normal installation on Windows, should be shared as sapmnt and saploc

Your DIR_TRANS is pointing to sapmnt which is incorrect, its trying to find the profile in <drive>:\usr\sap\bin\<profile> which does not exist.

You need to change your DIR_TRANS to point to \\<host>\sapmnt\trans so it look for the profile under <drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\<profile>

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks alot juan , how to change the dir_trans point \\host\sapmnt\trans please help me

regards

vreddy

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do a bit of reading... DIR_TRANS is a parameter, you need to proceed by using RZ10 as usual.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile or go to Rz10 -> instance profiles -> extended maintenance ->

Open your instance profile parameter and change the following parameter

DIR_TRANS = < location of your trans directory>

See the attached sample parameter for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i  have added the content what u said and attach the the screen shot shall restart the server?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should use the shared path on your profile variables...  they exist for a reason.

You should use \\<host>\sapmnt\trans, specially if your system is part of a multiple tier landscape.

Vimal example is based on a system running a UNIX flavor, where mount points work on a different base.

And yes, you need to restart the instance after a parameter change.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please save the profile and you will be prompted for activation of the profiles.

Click on yes.

Restart your SAP system and check .

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the help, no change still problem come ,

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you share the error screenshots please ?

THanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks Alot Vimalan The GREAT , How i can give the points? i unable to locat the points option

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please mark the sutiable answer as Correct answer.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This is the screen shot for the rsptest. how troubleshoot this issue

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the DIR_Trans location in your profiles as well as in AL11 and correct that first.

Then try to run the report RSTPTEST again and check whether it is running fine or not.

YOUR ISSUE IS BECAUSE OF YOUR INCORRECT DIR_TRANS DIRECTORY ONLY.

please check that first.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks alot vimalan , when i go through t code AL11, i got the below one , i have attached the sceen shot, what i have to do after this

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please  check in your instance profile and set the correct DIR_Trans directory .

Or you can directly change it in AL11 and update it.

Restart your system and try to run the test again and share the output

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please check the report in RSTPTEST se38 and provide the out put of this.

as per above screen shot it is showing you STMS is inconsistant ,you may have to setup it again.

you can check below belog for it

http://saphowtoguide.blogspot.in/2012/12/how-to-configure-sap-transport-route.html

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi atul jain

thanks for replay , these are screens i didnt include for the mail

regards

vreddy

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,