Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start of Year ,Support Package - UK PY

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

It would be highly appreciated if I get your invaluable guild line on  SOY support package for UK Payroll.

As RTI support Packages has been updated in system - I could see few of the Legal changes got updated in system like SxP rates, Income Tax rates but I could see NI Threshold limits, bands,Tax uplifts, Income tax slab for above 150000 earning is incorrect.....

I need to know what support package needs to be updated now for these missing statutory changes.

Waiting for positive revert on this.

Thanks & regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

I am a little concerned by your message as it seems to indicate you are applying some support packages relating to new functionality for the 2013/2014 tax year, but not all .... especially with tax year end / tax year start support packages, it is very important to ensure all necessary support packages are deployed and that the sequence of applying is adhered to very carefully. I'm sure you know this already, but sometimes it is helpful to repeat for the benefit of anyone new to the process!

In general, the process for End of Year is spelled out in SAP Note 1796347, together with related Notes 1809959 and 1818712.

For Start of Year (the new rates about which your question is specifically directed), the main SAP Note is 1796768. You will find details of Support Packages here also.

For RTI, the main Note is 1810145.

For all of the above, you should also carefully check the SAP Service Market Place in case there are any additional Notes that relate to you.

Best wishes,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alison - Thanks for the invaluable suggestion.

I could check at SAP market place and found 1796768 note for the Start of year ,GB_PY legal changes. Also would like to mention that we have master note 1796057 however we need to get 1796768 for the annual legal changes.

Relative support package is SAPK-60457INSAPHRCGB which needs to be implemented now.

Kindly correct me if I am not referring correct support Package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

That's right so long as you've checked the support pack level matches your release level, which I assume you have. You may also want to refer to the Master Note for RTI, which is 1808937. This contains the latest updates and cross references to Notes for RTI and also refers to the February CLC for PY-GB: SAPK-60459INSAPHRCGB. To ensure you have everything in your system to cover year end, year start and RTI, you should check all of the above and be careful to apply everything in the right sequence and to take special care if there are any manual implementation steps referred to in the various Notes.

Good luck with everything.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,  I checked with Basis Guys and found that above Support package is there in system but the correction which are mentioned in S note 1796768 are not present in system. Also,correction mentioned on S note 1822741 should be present in system for additional tax rates.  Kindly suggest. Regards Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alison - I was wondering if we should implement SAPK-60459INSAPHRCGB support packages , also S note 1822741 says that above SP should be implemented.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further, we do not have RT S note 1808937 in system and we have at SP level 57 - this S note required SP level 58.

Kindly advise me. - Also please suggest if we need to implement SAPK-60459INSAPHRCGB, 59 SP level for sure as we are at SP level 57 only.

As of now I think we need 1822741 corrections so can we go for manual correction rather than going for SP level 59 ?

I am seeking help on this please.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

I think some of your additional questions may have crossed with my last reply (above) where I referred you also to the support pack 59. My personal advice would always be to go with the highest possible support pack level for payroll at this time of year, otherwise you have a higher risk of missing something out and experiencing unwanted issues. This doesn't mean you won't need to also have some manual corrections, if important Notes are released after you install the support pack. However, by minimising the number of manual steps, you inevitably minimise your level of risk.

Kind regards,

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your consistent support on my issue.

Before going for 59 SP level, I need to take care of ER_HR as well which should also be compatible with HR/PY support package.

As of now ER_HR SP level is compatible with 57 SP level so with update in SP 57 to 59 , we need to update ER_HR as well , right ? otherwise we will again get issues for PTARQ in ESS/MSS database.

Please provide your expert suggestion on this.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

I think this is something you may need to check with your Basis team. Also, when you go through all the Notes step by step, I think they do take you through the pre-requisites, but again it would be advisable to do this in liaison with Basis or let them advise you. The other thing I think (but as I don't do this myself I'm not sure) is that when you are applying Notes/Support Packs through Solution Manager, the system will highlight for you the system requirements in respect of component levels (I think you are possibly referring to EA-HR?). As specified in Note 1796057, you also need to take account of CLC's for Payroll (Country Legal Change) levels per component SAP_HRCGB. The link to further information is:

http://service.sap.com/HRLegalChanges

Sorry I can't be more specific with advice on this, but hopefully your Basis team can help you make the right decisions for your system environment.

Kind regards,

Alison

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Alison for your all guidelines and invaluable knowledge sharing - I could get all legal changes in System and testing is also successfully done.

This thread is now closed.

Regards

Priya

Answers (0)