0 Kudos

Hi

Anybody tel me how to edit records in HANA table

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bvasu,

you have to use SQL (Update statement) to edit records in HANA table. Please check also the HANA SQL Reference Guide:

https://help.sap.com/hana/hana_sql_ref_en.pdf

Best Regards,
Marcel

0 Kudos

This answer suited me as a developer, however i have business users who need to have the control of a few tabledata. They have no SQL knowledge at all....

I've learned that a table editor can be build via XS, but i can imagine that i'm not the first person who is looking for this possibility. Is there anyone who already was a prebuild (XS) table editor tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eclipse ? (carefull with permissions)

Or as a developer alter one of simple examples for your case

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasu,

SAP HANA is a relational database and uses similar SQL to that of Oracle and SQL server. So, all insert , update and  delete SQL commands will work. In addition, we have few SAP HANA specific SQL commands as well.

Refer to the SAP HANA SQL developer guide for details and sample syntax. A good place to start would be to do one of the sample application exercises..

good luck

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use update, upsert statements to edit records present in SAP HANA Database & make sure you have SQL priviliges to do so....You can refer above link mentioned by Marcel.

Thankss

Kulwinder