cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item date to show on Initiative date

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement wherein an Initiative would have a number of Portfolio Items within. And each Initiative Decision Point would correspond one-one with the Item Decision Point. Let's say, one Initiative with three DPs (A, B, and C). And there are, say, five items in the initiative - each one having three Decision Points (A, B and C) - this can be all achieved in the standard.

The requirement is that the Initiative Decision Point A must show the start date and end date, as follows:

- Start date: Earliest of the start dates for Item Decision Point A, across all items

- Finish date: Latest of the finish dates for Item Decision Point A, across all items

What effort would help achieve the scenario?

Thanks for your contribution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Can you try the following:

Under Common Functions - Decision Flow Management Settings - Attribute Synchronisation - Maintain Mapping Functions. Take a look at the documentation and also at the standard functions available. I think in your case you will be interested in the max and min functions.

Now go to the customising step below that one 'Maintain Field Mappings' and setup your field mappings from Item to Initiative dates and in the very last column for 'Function' you put in the value MIN (For the start dates) and MAX (For the finish dates). I am not sure this will work so please let me know

Regards

C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hellp Deepak :

Related to your questions :

- We have a requirement wherein an Initiative would have a number of Portfolio Items within. -->I think this is standard, you can display the 'Number of items' for each initiative in the dashboard

- Related to your 'decision point actual dates'  : I think it is not very complex you only need develop an enhancement when :

- Start the decision point ( initiative) modify the actual date = blank

- Start /finish decision point ( item) --> check if it is needed modify the DP dates of the initiative ( according to your requirement) and in this case modify.

- Finish decision point ( initiative) -> take the date from the DP items ( according to your requirement)

Not sureif it is clea if it helps you,

Regards