Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the HCM integration

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all

We are doing a proof of concept on the HCM integration on the IDM 7.2 system. So far, we are using a IDES system as the HR team is still working on the org structure.

I have done the abap initial load and java initial load. Now I am trying to bring in the position data into the MX_PERSON. However, I keep getting the following error on the "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" job log:

putNextEntry failed storing

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException:
ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error

Can you advise if my understanding is correct regarding the process flow:

1)  Run RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM from ECC

2) Data will go to VDS and then VDS will post the data into the HCM_Staging_Area in entry type MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE.

3) Event "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" is triggered that will write the position data into the "real identity store" against MX_FS_POSITION and MX_FS_POSITION_ID.

I did a search and found nothing in the IDM forum. I did not see any error from ECC or VDS either. The data(I assume sent from VDS) in the job log is also correct. However, I cannot figure out why the job keeps erroring. To test, I have manually put the position ID and position text into a user in MX_PERSON and it is working ok. Any of your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Are you getting it on all records, or just some?  Is it happening once for each record or twice?  Can you confirm that the entry its trying to update actually exists (ie: just try the Write HCM Employee... on one record)?

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your understanding of the process is correct and I think you are heading in the right direction.

Could you please confirm if the you can search for the user in VDS.

Check the following:

> Ensure the Event tasks for this Entry Type MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE are set to:

-Add: Write HCM Employee To SAP Master

-Modify: Write HCM Employee To SAP Master

> In the Global Constants, Check the HR_STAGING_AREA_IDS_ID value is the same as ID/Name for HCM_Staging_Area

> Which function are you using in Write HCM Employee To SAP Master:

$FUNCTION.sap_getSysUname(%P0000-PERNR%!!%P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME%!!%$WRITE_FUTURE_DATED_HIRES%)$$?

or

$FUNCTION.sap_calcID(%P0000-PERNR%!!%P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME%!!%MSKEYVALUE%)$$?

Thank you,

Kautilya

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks similar to this thread

The process flow is correct. Just follow the config document and also do the following based on your setup

(1) Enable/Disable to task "HCM Master Check for SYSUNAME of Employee"

(2) In the pass "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" maintain the MSKEYVALUE

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Can post VDS Operation logs make sure log level is All,what is the SP level your working on ?

Regards,

Ali.