cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM process flow - normal change with project in Test phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am currently on SMP 7.1 SP6.

i am on a DEV --> TEST --> QA --> PRD model for managed system.

i am using a CHARM maintenance project to manage the phases of the project.

I change the phase of charm project to "Test".

In the 'Test' phase for normal change (SMMJ) transaction type; the system blocks the action "Pass Normal Change to test" and greys out "Test Transport" option. Which implies that the TEST/QA systems is in freeze and no new change can be imported to TE/QA system.

My question: is there an option where the system allows the migration of transports to TE system only ?

i understand the concept of freeze but in my scenario (requirement) i need to continuously migrate the changes to TE system only and the freeze will apply to QA system only. Basicly transport of copies can be migrated to TE system. i am also ok, if we have an option for "Test Transport" with the status of normal change staying in 'In Development'.

Any help will be really appreciated.

thanks,

sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambarish, Shailesh - thanks for responding. You probably misread my Q...

During the 'Test' phase of CHARM project, for a 4 tier landscape DEV--> TE --> QA --> PRD; is there an option where the system allows the migration of transports to TE system only ?

thanks,

sid

Ambarish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

There is a concept called transport of copies (ToCs) which will help you in this situation.

Transport of copies can move the changes to TEST environment when ChaRM project is "in development".

Transport of copies can move chang only to next system i.e. TEST and cannot move further to production system.

Developers can test and revert back the change untill test is successful without any effect on the flow of the change documents. Once development is as per requirement, regular transport request can be released from D -> Q -> P.

Thanks,

Ambarish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks any help on this topic (question) will be appreciated.

thanks,

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might help you in setting up a route between Dev and TE client.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/976979