cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial value of NAST-LDEST for purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange thing happening. When PO messages are being created, they are being assigned to the wrong printer. The user had printer "X" assigned as the default in their user profile. In the customizing, we had printer LOCL set as the printer to be used. We noticed that the printer being assigned in NAST-LDEST is NOT LOCL, but printer "X". We changed to yet another printer, and still the output is going to printer "X", which is no longer assigned to the user or to the purchasing group.

My question is, where does the system get the initial value loaded into NAST-LDEST? We thought it would use either the value set for the purchasing group in customizing, or the value in the user profile defaults, but it appears to be using something completely different.

Thanks (yes, i searched first)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if this SAP help content is useful for you.

How is the printer determined for message output purposes?

The system checks whether a printer has been specified in the condition record.
If so, it is used.
If not, it checks the message type to see whether a print parameter has been set. If no parameter has been set, no message is generated.
If a parameter has been set, a printer is sought in accordance with this parameter. If a printer is found, it is used to output the message. If not, no message is generated.

Note:
You can change the printer when outputting messages (e.g. via the menu options Purchasing document> -> Messages -> Print/transmit). Select the desired message and choose Goto -> Message details -> Edit -> Means of communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. we had forgotten about the condition records, since we do not use them. There were, though, a couple out there from some long forgotten change, and they were causing the problem. we removed them, and we are back in business.

thanks again