cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use transaction SPROXY or click the pushbutton Proxy Editor in the Dictionary object editor if you wish to process a generated proxy type --> But how?

arthur_viool
Explorer
0 Kudos

In ECC 7.0 with transaction SE11 I am trying to change a structure that is that is a generated proxy type.

This is not allowed by SAP so I get the message “Use transaction SPROXY or click the pushbutton Proxy Editor in the Dictionary object editor if you wish to process a generated proxy type”.

The pushbutton “Proxy Editor” is not available in my Dictionary object editor so I go to transaction SPROXY.

Here the message “Only local objects. (No connection to ESR)” is shown. I can’t access my structure here.

I assume some settings are missing but both the basis consultant am myself are stuck here and can’t find out how to proceed.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

To get a connection to ES Repository, you have to maintain some settings in your ABAP backend, for example set up the SM59 destination SAP_PROXY_ESR, like described in the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/bb/e8e8f27dba483faa754b10048fb036/frameset.htm

I am not sure that I understand what the reason for your action is ... structures in DDIC that were generated based on a proxy cannot be changed in SE11. And even if you navigate to the proxy editor (SPROXY), you cannot change the structure, because it is derived from the ES Repository. The ES Repository contains the interface, which is the origin for the proxy in the backend, including the structure definitions, so you would have to adapt (or enhance) the interface in ES Repository.

Other necessary tasks to configure your ABAP backend may be (list may not be complete):

• register backend in SLD (RZ70)
  • define integration engine as local (SXMB_ADM)
  • maintain the destination for the central integration engine (SXMB_ADM)
  • enable access to SLD (SLDAPICUST)
  • maintain destination (SM59) like SAPSLDAPI, LCRSAPRFC
  • create users for PI access
  • activate queues

Regards, Boris

arthur_viool
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Boris, Thanks for your response.

What has happened is the following: We have created a proxy with its underlying objects by importing a WSDL. Initially we have chosen to create the proxy as a local object (package $TMP). After testing it we have assigned a Z* package to the proxy and its objects with SE80 to be able to transport it. When we tried to release the transport we got error messages that some objects were still local so the transport couldn’t be released.

To fix this or to be able to throw everything away and start from scratch I hope I can use the ES repository.

About creating the connection with SM59 -->To what system should the connection be made? We don’t have PI. The proxy is created in the ECC development system, should a connection be made to the development system itself?

Thanks,  Arthur

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

OK, now I understand ... my fault not considering local proxy development. So you do not need a connection to ES Repository, as you do not have one. You do not have to setup the connection, neither to the dev system.

I have currently no possibility to test your situation in an ABAP system, but my recommendation would be to delete all objects that were created and start from scratch, while assigning all objects to a package from the beginning.

Other way could be to find all objects related and assign them to the package as well, so that they can be transported. The proxy overview should list all used objects.

Hope that helps, regards, Boris