cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer with credit balance blocked by credit management.

former_member313549
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

The sales order is going on a credit block because of credit balance on customer that more than thirty days old.  This is an on account payment.

Is there any configuration in credit management to prevent this situation. It does not make sense for a sales order to be blocked when the customer is essentially giving an advance for some thing he wants to buy in the future. Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

In case you want no credit check for specific customers based on their advance payments then i would suggest you to use exception routine. Execute OVA8 --> High Risk Deliveries, double click on it and under Document Controlling Tab click on No Credit Check. For Delivery or Sale Order routine (choice is yours, i would suggest include LVKMP001) exclude your specific customer by applying a logic with the help of your ABAPER via checking its outstanding and advance balance and it'll by pass credit check at that time. Also, you can try creating a separate payment term for such customers and exclude the same from Credit Check by using the same Include . In addition to this, have a look at OSS Note 18613 and check Risk Management Payment Guarantee Thanks.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ammarah,

Yes, agree that we can have payment terms based on the customer and do the necessary settings in OVA8 (We have done this for our client as well). But, somehow i can't accept that if customer is paying advances then it shouldn't go for a block. If so, what about the open Items? Is this the best practice (Is this good for business) accepting new orders even though we have some open items?

Sorry if i misunderstand your solution.

Please clarify me.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Sorry for late reply. Though you're rite on this but it totally depends upon the management and their way of approaching things. Many time requirements are like to 'create/do an unusual' and for that we have to bypass standard rules as you know management is management. Rest choice is of OP if he is okay with this soln. Thanks.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Have you searched on forum. Please check oldest open item days in your credit management setting in ova8 if I remember the t code correctly.

Thank$

former_member313549
Participant
0 Kudos

Already did that. I am not looking to increase the open item days, but exclude the customer on account payments/credit balances  from credit check.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

System is behaving as expected. Since, you have lot open items which have crossed as per OVA8 settings its giving credit block.

Now, if your receiving advances from your customers then ask your AR guy to clear the open billing documents so that system will allow you to create orders without any issues (provided customer has credit limit)

Regards, Sai Krishna.