cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage unit type in MIGO (WM Tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I tested that when in material master (Warehouse management view2) is maintained the relation between loading equipment quantity and storage unit type, system divide total quantity in GR based on this relation and thus there is a TO split. This is OK.

If I specify the quantities in the WM tab in Migo, the values from master gets picked up while creating TO, but in SAP help, is clearly mentioned that the Data form the material master is just a proposal that s we can overwrite!

Quantity per Storage Unit to be Placed into Stock in Alt.UoM

Specifies which quantity is required for a storage unit.

Use

The total quantity to be stored during stock placement frequently needs to be split up among several storage bins.  In the material master record, you can specify quantities to be placed on (or into) selected storage unit types.  When creating the transfer order, the system generates a proposal for dividing the quantities based on the entries you made in the material master record. If preferable, you can overwrite the system proposal.

Example

If three barrels are permitted on one "E1 (standard) pallet" in the material master record, the system will propose the following stock placement for 9 barrels:

3 E1 pallets with 3 barrels each.

Dependencies

The number of pallets to be stored specifies how many storage units need to be created.  The quantity per storage unit type specified in the material master record is the maximum quantity that can be stored in a storage unit.

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

In the configuration table that links the Ref movement type to WM mvm type ( transaction OMLR) please maintain "1" in the column "Additional Data". Kindly ensure that you do this for the corresponding WM movement type (which you can find from earlier created TR's)  and do check for the special stock and other relevant details.

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks wanjari and Pitz

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Sushant gave already the right answer - I just didn't see a question?

Best regards

Juergen