cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

can anybody update me about Visual Administrator.

what is Visual Administrator ?

how to get Visual Administrator ?

where to get Visual Administrator ?

Thanks NAG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

<b>what is Visual Administrator ?</b>

The J2EE Engine Visual Administrator is a graphical user interface (GUI) that enables administration of all cluster elements and all modules running on them. It provides remote monitoring and management of managers, services, libraries, and interfaces working on each element in a single GUI.

<b>how to get Visual Administrator ?</b>

It will come along with Netweaver build.

<b>where to get Visual Administrator ?</b>

1. Start the Visual Admin Tool;Goto D:\usr\sap\<Inst-ID>\JCxx\j2ee\admin --> go.bat

Example: D:\usr\sap\F04\JC04\j2ee\admin --> go.bat

<b>Please Reward points; if it is helpfull.</b>

Thanks,

Nagaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MNRao,

You can use the Visual Administrator to configure the services and managers of all Java instances in the Cluster. The changes to the selected parameters take effect during runtime.

As you login on Web AS Java instance to use Vis. Admin, obviously it should be started.

Moreover it could also be used for remote configuration.

You can start it from /usr/sap/SID/central_inst/j2ee/admin/go.bat

Warm Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Here is the answer

what is Visual Administrator ?

It is a administrator tool on WEB AS Java usage type. you need to have J2EE engine running in order to use this.

how to get Visual Administrator ?

You will not get it alone. Will be installed as part of above mentioned usage type.

where to get Visual Administrator ?

run go.bat file as per location mentioned in the above response.

In addition , it is very good tool to admin java server but remeber it is Java you need to have more memore on your systems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Visual Adminstrator is a java tool that gets installed with JAVA stack for Netweaver.This tool is used for various configuration activities. For details please visit this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/39/83682615cd4f8197d0612529f2165f/frameset.htm

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Visual Administrator is the tool for administering the J2EE engine when the engine is up and running.

It comes when you install the J2EE engine.

You can run it from the path <b>\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<Instance_No>\j2ee\admin\go.bat</b>

This go.bat file opens up the J2EE Visual Administrator for you.

Onething more i would like to add that if the J2EE engine is not running then you can add the config tool present at the following location to configure the engine.

\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<Instance_No>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

May be my wording was not too correct but I meant the same as you. I have worked a lot on visual adminsitrator )

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Actually i wrongly addressed the mail to you, it was infact meant for M N Rao.

It was a pleasure knowing that you have worked a lot on Visual Administrator but i hope there may be many things more which you might want to learn as you know that no one in this world is an Expert..... neither you nor me.

MN Rao--> Let me know if my reply helped you out.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

But of course you are right. And definitely I want to learn more and more and I am not even close to being even half an expert (if at all there is any such term ) ).

please dont take my words in any negative or harsh way.

Regards.

Ruchit.