Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from MDM while transferring item to shopping cart

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with MDM to create some internal catalogs that will be used with our new SRM implementation but I'm hitting an error while trying to transfer the catalog item into the cart.

Order of events:

1)  Pull up SRM and click SHOP

2)  Click on my MDM catalog name and the list of items setup in that MDM catalog pull back just fine.  Descriptions/price/etc all appear to be correct.

3)  Select an item and click "Add to Cart"

4)  Click "Check Out"

5)  SRM Throws the following error:  "   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Field with ID 'F205_127006' is not Lookup field of table 'T1', so any action on Lookup field can not be evaluated"

Up until step 4 above, everything looks ok.  While creating the MDM catalog, we did delete the lookup field "External Manufacturer", saved that change, then re-created that field as a basic text field with the same "Name" and "Code".  Since this is the only field that we've changed, I went into the GUI for that catalog and removed the mapping for that field in hopes that that would fix the problem but it hasn't so far. 

Has anybody hit this error before?  Any thoughts on the best way to try and debug/resolve this?  The Field that the error references is too generic to be useful at all in trying to figure out what it thinks is missing.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error below.

Thanks for you help as always.

Hal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hal,

Have you checked the OCI mapping? Ensure you are checking it for the user defined in the external web service. I guess you will not be able to reach that. If you cannot, please, check with your BASIS team and apply the latest patch of SRM-MDM, if yes, please, let me know.

Kind regards,

Agustín Puerma.

SF111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Agustin,

I finally found the issue this morning.  The changes that I made within the GUI settings did update the mapping to the new "Text" version of the field but what I didn't realize is that it left the original mapping in the "Config" as well.  I went back into the GUI and used the "Transport Config" functionality to export the config XML file and I opened that up and edited it manually.  It had 2 different mappings for the same External Manufacturer field so I just deleted the old entry that was still referencing the field as a lookup field and then uploaded that file using the same Transport Config functionality and that resolved the issue.

Answers (0)