cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Mode: Fixing Settings: Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP Experts,

I wish to be educated on this setting  in Planning area> Extras > Assign Forecast Key Figures > Basic Settings > Change Mode

There are 4 options as seen in screen shot attached.

Questions

1) What is the meaning of each of these options ?

2) How does the setting "Do not propagate fixing information" in the planning area definition main tab, act in conjunction with these settings ?

Many Thanks

BORAT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

I am not able to see the screenshot. Can you be more specific. In which screen you are seeing the extra tab.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this screen

Planning area> Extras > Assign Forecast Key Figures > Basic Settings >

There is a parameter called "Change Mode" with 4 options in an English like language.

This is what F1 helps

Type of Data Changes in Time Series Network

I believe with this help, it is probably impossible to decipher by any race on earth or outer space., the purpose of this parameter. I had an issue with fixing that I don't recall now, so curiosity landed me here. So I tried all 4 options but with no clue on what is happening.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

BORAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a better explanation in sap.help.com (under Planning Area, I believe). I will send you the link when I get off the train 😉

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danke James,

Appreciate as always 🙂 I await the link. I browsed help.com but couldn't find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it here. Digesting now. Atleast there are some illustrations. Let me sink it in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/92/cd15426bf3dd2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood the technology but not the science. Cant really think of a possible explanation. So I will for now brush it under the carpet without letting the client know about it as they wont understand this anyway. I will have future generations of DP consultants play with it 🙂 once SAP cares to put in F1 help clearly what they wrote in help.com and possibly in some notes.

For hygiene reasons I will prefer to have this fixing business happen in interactive mode by the demand planners. I will leave the design with Fixable key figures and fixable zero the way I did in the past and not bother setting "do not propagate fixing information" in the planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I got cought in a client with no connection for this poor consultant, glad you found de link!

I more or less had the same reaction when I saw the new parameter and the help file, also for the phi parameter (I didn't find the help then).

take care and keep looking for these things, I recognize your posts without looking the signature,

J.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Helo Borat

Did you get the solution for the above question ? If yes, Kindly share the same as i have tried on the same , but couldn't.