cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: how to apply a one time discount or surcharge with billing plan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have defined a billing plan in my contract. Now I need to add a one time discount, e.g. $100 value discount in the first billing. How should I do it?

I guess this is the same for one time surcharge, e.g. processing fee or delivery charge.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to user the column "Condition formula for alternative calculation type " in pricing procedure

in pricing procedure.

That the particular cond type will be activate to the 1st order and for other order it should not.

That will help to protect it.

Else there is another option in condition record VK32

i.e :- the discount /Surcharge will work only one order . by putting the value to the column ( No of order  "NO OR") =1,

Here you have to put cond record by access sequence as combination of Customer & Material , So for each customer it will work for one order .

If you will chose on material only then it will work for single order beyond any customer.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qi Yu,

Header condition (discount/surcharge) can be defined to be used in the first billing

Karuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Thank you for your reply.

What if I add another line item to the same contract after first billing and I want to add a similar one time discount?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can use K004 for that by copying the same. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

K004 is an item condition, right? Once I put it in, it will apply to all period. I need the discount be one time for first period only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Would you please elaborate how to define header condition to be included in first billing only? I tried and the condition value got copied to each item for each period....

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if I add another line item to the same contract after first billing...

Is it real scenario or you are trying to understand how to handle the situation? Once a billing is done for a milestone, then if you add a line item afterwards, then your first question of applying discount/surcharge for the first billing is void, if you like to apply the same to the new material addition. Do you agree? If you still want to apply then use an item discount/surcharge condition type and manually assign the value in the document.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The discount I need is a one time discount, which applies to the first billing only.

And I use periodic billing plan, not milestone billing.

Adding a new item is a normal scenario where a new rental item is added under the same SAP contract. Then there is a same one time discount, which applies to the first billing of the new item only.

Problems I am facing now are:

Discount at item level will be applied to all the subsequent billing.

Discount at header level has the same issue and also the discount is applied to all items.

So an example of my expected billing schedule is:

1. $900 ($1000 - $100 one time discount)

2. $1000

3. $1000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qi Yu,

Use a manual header condition. So you have to input your discount/surcharge in the first billing header.

Or if you are using a different document type (like down payment request) for the first billing, you can have discount condition only for it via pricing procedure.

Karuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Thank you for reply.

But I also want to include the discount in quotation and contract, to be printed via output. It should not only be added on billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qi Yu,

- Include a manual header condition in your pricing procedure,the value for which can be input manually in the first billing

- Mark print indicator X against that condition type in your pricing procedure and it will show in output

Karuna