Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

material movements

hi,

everyone, as a ERP start learner, i got a little confused while i try to follow training to create Order --> outbound delivery --> picking ( tranfer order) ---> goods issue.

my question are

1. how is the material flow, for example from storage location to a shipping area, then to a shipping point etc. then to the customer. which documents initialize the movements?

2. in the delivery , the storage type is automatically given as "  shipping area". that means the material is already in the shipping area , or it needs to be put into the shipping area? then where does the material comes from?

3. as i understood, the transfer order does the transfer logically, it changes the storage type from 005 to 916 ( fixed bin to shipping area). so after a transfer order is done, the material would be prepared ready in shipping area. Is this understanding right? and is this a transfer posting?

4.Does that mean, actually the goods are not moved physically, it remains physically in the same storage location in the whole process until goods issue. only the status / storage type is changed???

so basically the physical movements in this process is only from storage location --> customer (the reduction in MMBE indicates this transfer?)

but logically, it has to be "transfered" from fixed bin to shipping area first. Is that right?

5.why in the delivery or transfer order, there is the element of Inventory Management ( plant, storagelocation) , and element of WM ?

thanx

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question