cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DownTime link between PI & R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need one advise on one concern that  as usual PI PROD landscape  is linked with R3 PROD for all outbound and Inbound scenarios.

Whenever R3 PROD goes down (even for 5 min) – PI PROD  data gets stuck . And that down time duration all data collapsed.

we opt only  option i.e Restart PI PROD to make it functional.

Please suggest what would be option ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

This is related to Business.

Whenever ECC going to be down then you have to configure all your related channels should be inactive during that particular time.

This concept is called adapter scedulling or Channel scedulling in RWB.

Ckeck these links for more clarity;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Sceduling channel isfrom SP19

Adapter Scheduling - Hail SP 19 🙂

SAP Network Blog: Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB

Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB

SAP Network Blog: Starting / Stopping of Communication Channel from RWB

Starting / Stopping of Communication Channel from RWB

Regards,

Sreeni.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

For planned downtime, I agree the PI Adapter Scheduling works well, just be aware of the nuance that the channels must be started in automatic mode and not manual control. I believe the scheduler will not intervene with manually started or stopped channels.

Normally instead of restarting PI you can find the messages in SM58 or RWB (both Adapter and Integration Engine sides) as already suggested. Checking these and potentially the inbound / outbound queues (SMQ1/2) would get things caught up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going with Michel and Raja.

During scheduled down time of production server we stopped the CCs manually and started with Automatic Control option.In the case of External CCs we rescheduled the the jobs to start the CCs.

After all the channels get ready to function if you find any messages are failed you can restart them manually.

>>Whenever R3 PROD goes down (even for 5 min) – PI PROD  data gets stuck . And that down time duration all data collapsed.

I think this won't happen.Could you please provide a situation like this where you have come across.

Regards

Raja

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Why you want to nrestart PI production?

If ECC down for some time then all messages  get struck in PI Moni/sm58 , once system is up then you can reprocess them .

I dont think it will impact anything on PI system.

Could you give one instance how it impacted?what impacted?

Thank you,

Raj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Please suggest what would be option ?

it depends on what kind of connection are you using - in most cases with IDOC/proxy if R3 goes down is has no negative effect on PI and all types of connectivity will be resumed after R3 is back again - in case of RFC there were some issues in the past (with XI 3.0) but this was also fixed and it should not happen so most probably it's what you see is a bug and not a standard behaviour,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

If you are aware about the R3 downtime then you can manager the communication channel through Scheduling it in RWB. But incase the downtime is uneven then channels can be manually stopeed and started again to process the stuck messages.

Regards

Anand