Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Header items not exported in excel

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created Webi report on top of the bex query, i have header which consists of refresh date,time,report name etc.

But when i try to export the report to excel, i can only see the report block but not the header items. User is willing to see even the header items.

Please let me know if any workaround to fix this..

Thank you in advance,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

It is design behaviour. Items included in Header section won't appear in Excel.

Move your blank cells(Which has refresh date,time,report name) from the Header section to body. It will appear now.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Parthiban

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a bug?  I've just discovered this limitation as well.  Putting the Header information in the report body would require a good amount of re-design. 

It would be so much better if there were an option for me to choose, rather than the application making the choice for me... that option being a solid "No".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angela,

not a bug as stated in the KBA above.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I guess it's just semantics.   There's something in Webi that I would like to do, something that as an experience report writer, I would expect could be done, with a choice in the Options or even set as a default, but SAP has determined it should not be, so therefore, it is true.  This is not a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Prathiban said is correct , Webi reports when exported to excel we cant able to view the header names, we need to move the cell to report body or create blank cell and write as per ur requirement , this issue is also in BO Xi 3.1 and 4.0  , Its better to post this issue in Idea place

Hope this helps u

Regards

sunil

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are showing formulas, cells, etc in Report Header, when you export it to Excel, you won't be able to see them in Excel. You need to do those in Report Body.