cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove SC as used for another SC?

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SCN!

We no need to have SC (SC1) as used for another SC (SC2) and want to remove it. We've excluded SC1 from "Used SC's" list for SC2 in SLD. We've performed "Update CMS" and "Synchronize SC Dependencies" in Landscape Configurator but SC1 is still in dependency list for SC2 in CMS and NWDS also imports SC1 when I import track with SC2.

What's the problem? What I need to do to remove SC1 as used for SC2?

Our NWDI version is 7.0

Regards,

Lev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Hope the following link would be helpful in re-checking the steps that you've already followed:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e052bfb7-9479-2e10-97ae-f5e0c4b9b...

Regards,

Anurag

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag!

Thank you for reply. I've checked steps with this guide and here are results:

1) there is no dependency between SC1 and SC2 in SLD

2) there is no inconsistent state in SC2 even after "Update CMS" function

3) the list "Software Components out of sync with SLD" is empty

But SC1 is still in "Development" tab of SC2 in Transport Studio and it is still synced by NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

If this is a new track set up, can you please delete the track and re-create a new one with the required SC's.

If you can't do that, try re-starting the server once and see if it works.

Regards,

Anurag

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you remove your development configuration from NWDS and re-import it again?

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan.

Yes, I did.

I don't know whether SDN send notifications when I reply to my origin post, so please see the reply to my started post, it contains importat update.

regards,

Lev

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag!

I don't know whether SDN send notifications when I reply to my origin post, so please see the reply to my started post, it contains importat update.

regards,

Lev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag and Stefan!

Restart NWDI server took no effect. But I found that I forgot to mention that SC1 and SC2 belongs to different tracks, sorry for that. So here is a situation: there is no dependency between SC1 and SC2 neither in SLD nor in CMS (I performed "Update CMS" again after restart NWDI), but in the "track connections" I found that track1 (with SC1) has outbound connection to track2 (with SC2). If I right I should remove this connection but I don't know will it break track2 since track2 still has SC1 in its "Development" tab.

regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Can you please let us know which track do you use for development purpose.

Also, as you mentioned that track1 (with SC1) has outbound connection to track2 (with SC2)

can you also let us know why this connection between the two tracks are maintained i.e. what's the significance of the two tracks in your landscape.

If you're using Track 2 for development purpose and you do not want SC1 in your development configurations, you need to remove dependency SC1 from Track 2. After removing, follow the same steps that you've been following.

Hope this will solve your purpose!!!

Regards,

Anurag

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag!

Both of SC1 and SC2 developed by us and SC2 used some API from SC1 in past. But now we no need any dependency between these two SCs (and tracks) anymore.

Track1 contains SC1 which was be required for SC2 (in track2). That's why there was a SLD dependency between SC1 and SC2 and a connection of type "Transport" between these two tracks.

I remove this connection between two tracks. Let's summarise:

1) no SLD dependency

2) no transport connection

3) SC2 not used SC1 neither in Landscape Configurator nor in NWDS (SC properties -> tab "Dependencies")

But:

4) in the "Development" tab of SC2 there is an SC1 version waiting for import

5) SC1 is still in list od SCs in development configuration for track2

Should I perform "Reset..." or "Delete" or something else for point 4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Did you update your CMS after you removed the track connections.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag!

Yes I did.

regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

As in the "Development" tab of SC2 there is a SC1 version waiting for import, I feel that SC1 is already checked in and must be placed in the CMS Inbox.

Can you please consult your BASIS team and confirm if SC1 is present in the following directory: usr\sap\trans\CMS\inbox

If it's there, you need to delete it from there as you are no longer using it now and then again update the CMS.

After that, please check your Check-In tab and Development tab within the Transport Studio.

Now, the SC1 file should not be present in the waiting queue to be imported inside the Development tab.

Regards,

Anurag

Message was edited by: Anurag Gwari

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag!

SC1 had been checked-in long time ago because we used its API in SC2. So there're no SC1 in "Check-in" tab for SC2 now. We performed import of new version of SC1 many times but the last version haven't been imported. Now this version is not needed in track of SC2 anymore.

regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

Please refer to my edited post above.

Please ask your BASIS consultant to remove SC1 from the below directory:

usr\sap\trans\CMS\inbox

After that follow the steps that I've mentioned above and verify if you're still getting SC1 in the import queue under the Development tab.

Regards,

Anurag

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Lev Kulaev wrote:

Hi Anurag and Stefan!

Restart NWDI server took no effect. But I found that I forgot to mention that SC1 and SC2 belongs to different tracks, sorry for that. So here is a situation: there is no dependency between SC1 and SC2 neither in SLD nor in CMS (I performed "Update CMS" again after restart NWDI), but in the "track connections" I found that track1 (with SC1) has outbound connection to track2 (with SC2). If I right I should remove this connection but I don't know will it break track2 since track2 still has SC1 in its "Development" tab.

regards,

Lev

Lev,

You can break the connection from track1 to track2 and delete the SC1 activity waiting for import in the Development tab of track2.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to delete all traces of SC1 in track2, you will need to delete it from the DTR as well.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anurag Gwari wrote:

Hi Lev,

Did you update your CMS after you removed the track connections.

Regards,

Anurag

This is not needed.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anurag Gwari wrote:

Hi Lev,

Please refer to my edited post above.

Please ask your BASIS consultant to remove SC1 from the below directory:

usr\sap\trans\CMS\inbox

After that follow the steps that I've mentioned above and verify if you're still getting SC1 in the import queue under the Development tab.

Regards,

Anurag

I doubt that it would be there.

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan Thibeault wrote:

If you want to delete all traces of SC1 in track2, you will need to delete it from the DTR as well.

Hello Stefan!

How I can do it? I've looked the DTR workspace of Sc2 but found nothing concerned with SC1.

P.S. Thank yout for your help!

regards,

Lev