cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPAPPL1 taking very long time to import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am doing import via R3SETUP in Linux x 86 platform and for 4.6 C version.

The import has started since last 4 days and total amount of DB is around 5 TB.

In the middle of the import, some packages are failing due to space on certain table-spaces are full.

R3SETUP keep going until it stop and I managed to added more space.

R3SETUP is started again but I foresee, the restart of some packages are very slow.

Base on the log, it was stated "### trying to restart import ###". Some of them are taking more than 10 hours to start the import again.

My priority now is SAPAPPL1 whereby it was started agin but taking a very long time to import from package 001 to other package.

This is the big package and it was running since the first day.

May I know what is causing the problem and how I may increase the import time speed especially for this package.

Your help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ace,

> R3SETUP is started again but I foresee, the restart of some packages are very slow. My priority now is SAPAPPL1 whereby it was started agin but taking a very long time to import from package 001 to other package.

That works as designed as R3load needs to clean up all partially imported table entries. It is done by a simple DELETE statement (by default) and this takes that amount of "restart"-time (depending on how many entries were already imported before the package failed). You can speed up these "clean up" tasks by using a DDL statment (truncate) instead, if you don't use splitted tables. But you can crosscheck this on database level (V$SESSION) on your own.

SAPnote #1151572 describes how to change the "clean up" behavior manually or by applying the corresponding R3ldctl patch (depending on your kernel version with 4.6 c).

Regards

Stefan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ace,

As per SAP note 784118 - System Copy Tools for ABAP Systems You can use migmon for 4.6C systems as well.

I guess in one of your previous threads you have implemented Package splitting and continued with R3setup tool only.

What is the size of SAPAPPL1 package ?

How many packages did you split SAPAPPL1 ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori