cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSmobile with standard transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

currently I'm working on the topic ITSmobile with standard transactions.

After a few test I could derive the following results:

• When I generate templates for standard transactions I could determine that most of the dynpro elements like ALV or tables are not generated as well as icons.
  • Furthermore I don't have a toolbar for buttons like edit oder execute. The whole toolbar is missing.
  • So in my opinion I have to rebuild the standard transaction in custom reports and have to create the buttons from the toolbar on my screen. Is this the best way to work with ITSmobile?
  • Is there a possibility to work offline with ITSmobile?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello abap_newie,

Would recommend reading up on ITSMobile using the following ITSMobile WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile

Yes you will have to build custom templates/generate in SE80

See:

Creating Mobile Applications with ITSmobile 

Re ALV Grid - it has limited functionality for ITSMobile

See the

SAP Note 1668784 ITSmobile: new features for ALV Grid

and

SAP Note 1037715 ITSmobile: Supported screen elements

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

so I'm not able to generate templates for standard Transactions which I can use without editing the layout?

I have found some info that it is possible to restore the session without relogging when WiFi Connection is lost, but I have found no solutions for this scenario. How can I restore the session after WiFi is reconnected so the user don't have to reenter the same data in transaction?

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello abap_newie,

You do not need to edit the templates that are generated. Only if you wish to modify the standard templates that are generated.

Regarding the WIFI/Network connectivity issue.  Does

the mobile device itself lose the wifi connection at this time? 

An easy test to determine this is by trying to request a fixed file, like an ITSMobile MIME

..\public\bc\its\mimes\itsmobile\99\images\all\close.gif

Depending on the Device/Browser - a reload/refresh might work to re-establish the session?

Perhaps use the Browser's refresh button and to try the refresh button when it hangs - if none available then create a HTTP META tag for one of the device buttons that will call "reloadbutton" with a content value of "show"

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having some similar problem.

I'm new with ITS Mobile, and i'm generating some templates for a standart transaction (Me55) and when the dynpro is autogenerated ( ~GENERATEDYNPRO = 1 ) i can see the tool bar (For example execute(F8) button) on my webpage, but when i generate a template for the dynpros, all the toolbar is missing, Is something i missing? how can i personalize a template and adding that toolbar?

Thanks

Ricardo

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

It is not recommended to use:  ~GENERATEDYNPRO with ITSMobile services.

What are the other parameters in your ITSMobile service?

Regards,

Oisín

Former Member
0 Kudos

When have the parameters

In SE80 Service ITS

~SERVICE           ZDEMO

~THEME              99

~TRANSACTION   ME55

In SICF Service Parameters

~GENERATEDYNPRO               1

~POPUPS                                 1

~TRANSACTION                         ME55

~THEME                                    99

~WEBGUI                                  1

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR    32

~SINGLETRANSACTION             1

And Without a Generated Template Works fine, i can see the exact transaction on the browser with the toolbar (F8 Execute Button for example)

But when i have a Generated Template (Generated with Style "W WebGui")

With the same parameters, it changes to old style web and doesn't show the Toolbar (Execute button)

The idea is just personalize the transaction (Remove some fields that user never fill, maybe change sizes to fit mobile devices) and just that. But without the Execute button or the toolbar in general, the personalization will be useless in most standart transactions.

I only need to know how to add that.

Thanks, best regards.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

You should open a new thread for this - as it is not related to ITSMobile. (Which was the focus of this thread)

Seems you are using a mix of WEBGUI and GENERATEDYNPRO. See my first reply in this thread.

Regards,

Oisin