cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a MTO with Variant Configuration scenario where in I would like to have where in Sales person will create Sales order and he will enter Configurable Material and system takes him to Characteristic Value Assignment screen. After selecting characteristics, system will replace the Configurable Material (Config Material) with Variant Material (Finish Material).

KMAT Material = Config Material

BOM

Finish Material             Component                             Qty

Finish Material             A Semifinsh (60%)                   3 Ltrs

B Semifinsh (40%)                   2 Ltrs

ROH Material 1                        2 Ltrs

ROH Material 2                        3 Ltrs

Packing sizes (1, 2, 5, 10 Ltrs)

There are more Finished Materials. Semifinish Components varies with percentages.

I am getting confused on creation of Super BOM/Variant BOM.

I want to know which BOM I need to create. Whether I need to create Super BOM for Configurable Material which is there in attachment or Variant BOMs for all Material Variants (Finished Material).

Which are the components I need to maintain accordingly in that.

Similarly, which Master recipe I need to create. Whether I need to create Super Master Recipe for Configurable Material or Master Recipe for all Material Variants (Finished Material).

Also could you please check the Characteristics, whether correct characteristics are create. Also let me know Object Dependencies which are created are correct.

Request you to please help me out with these issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

You need to create super BOM's for your finished materials which are configurable , then normal BOM's for semifinished products.

If you have material variants , assign them to super BOM's of finished material.

setup you VC crrectly as described in below links for Super BOM & Material variants.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25224

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570

check out and revert back.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh