cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering of price in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have integrated SAP with another application, rates must be calculated based on the work entered in that application.

I have a base price for it in SAP, SAP will get a event mentioning how long the period has happened. Based on that event, I need to charge extra price.

Price has to be maintained in SAP. I will get only the duration from the that application.

How will I do the same in SAP? Kindly inform me, if require more clarification

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenario you can customize at the condition type  level.

i.e For condition type calculation type you can use Formula " G"

and the scale basis type ( Time period scale  " M/N/O/P as per requirement) and  you can put the scale formula how you want to calculate the price . and you need to maintain the  unit of measure like Time/Day/ etc.

Now you can maintain your condition record on basis of time.

Hope it may help you.

Regards

Pitabash

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fazal,

Moazzam has given relevant suggestions.

"The work" you have mentioned, create that as a material e.g. Consulting-101

In the material master record have the unit as H (Hours).

For the condition type (e.g. PR00), create condition records with unit = H, e.g.

for Consulting-101, for 1H, price = 50USD

in the sales order, when material is given as Consulting-101, unit = 5, then Net value = 250USD (shall get automatically populated).

If you want to give some discounts or extra charges, take a condition type (e.g. K004) and follow the general condition technique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Let me give an example.In our business the quantity is always 1 and the condition mentioned below is for one item.

PR00                             - 250

ZPCR (plugging charges) -  100(for two days) - per day charge is 50

Total price is 350. I would get these days from other application. then i need to calculate for plugging charges. But As per your given examples, the quantity must change or i need to enter as second line item.. The quantity should not change, because its always one. i want to enter the extra charges in the same line item not as a second line item.

Hope I explained clearly. Kindly inform me, if your require more clarification

Waiting for your kind response.

Regards

Fazal

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fazal,

Is PR00 always 250?

And quantity is always 1?

If "number of days" is got, then calculating ZPCR (plugging charge would not be an issue.

Why don't you have two condition types in your pricing procedure?

And 2 condition types in your Sales order, Tab Conditions - at line item level?

The Net value would be only one value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

yes you are right . price and quantity is always same..

I have one condition for price and one for plugging charges. How can i do that ? Do i have to write any include any new routine on alternative calculation type? yes we can derive the time and days from the other application.

Please elaborate.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fazal,

The idea is as below:

Price is always 250 USD.

For price condition type, make use of "Scales" in VK11.

Make From 1 to 10000 Days, price = 250

This would ensure that the PR00 value would always be 250.

For plugging charges ZPCR surcharge, have condition record in VK11, for which 1day = 50USD.

In the sales order -

Scenario 1, work took 4 days

PR00 = 250USD

ZPCR = 200USD

Net value = 450USD

Scenario 2, work took 2 days

PR00 = 250USD

ZPCR = 100USD

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In SAP you must have some materials for calculating prices. What unit of measure you have for that material. You can have unit of measure in time H and maintain condition record with that unit of measure. Maintain calculation type C in V/06 for your condition type.

Please check and revert back for further clearance,

Thank$