Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - Punchout - transfer back to SRM not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am running SRM 7.02 level 5.

we have set up a punchout catalog in SRM through the "define external web services". we have also assigned the catalog to the user attributes in ppoma_bbp.

when the user clicks on the punchout catalog link in the "shop" screen, they are able to select items, and get to the "transfer" screen.  However, once the transfer button is clicked, the system goes back to SRM, but ends up back in the "shop" screen, and nothing is transferred to SRM.  No error message appears either.

the title of the internet explorer session is https://server:port/?sap-nwbc-has_post_params=X&sap-client=<client>&sap- "

how can this be resolved or debugged in order to understand why it is not working.  Another important point is that we have connected this same catalog to our ECC 6.00 system and the transfer back into the requisition works.

thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

I would check by debugging the function module BBP_WS_IMPORT_SC_DATA if all transferred OCI data are valid in SRM (e.g. product ID, product group, vendor etc).

In some cases the transfer fails because of incorrect or inconsistent data (does not exist or exists multiple time in SRM) but the error message can be only seen during debugging, it is not shown on the UI. See also SAP note 395312 about possible reasons why product data are not copied to the SRM shopping cart.

I hope you will be able to find the reason why the items are not transferred.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Timea.

we debugged and found that the OCI is passing a value in NEW_ITEM-VENDOR and this partner does not exist in SRM.  I am surprised though that SRM gives priority to this value rather than the Business Partner number that is maintained in the "define external web services" customizing for the punchout catalog. 

do you know if there is a standard way to ignore the value in NEW_ITEM-VENDOR passed through the OCI?  or are we forced to implement BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI and suppress the value in  NEW_ITEM-VENDOR?

cheers.

timea_geczi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

I think the easiest way would be to ask the catalog provider to change the OCI mapping to not to send the vendor number.

Alternatively, you can clear this data in the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER_BADI. It is "the standard way" 🙂

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes - we got the vendor to remove it on their side so they pass a blank value in this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am having an issue where if a description has " in it then it will not transfer back to SRM.  Any idea how I can solve this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers (0)