cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP database instance export error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to export Solution Manager database instance installed on Windows\SQL server.

The export is performed with Sapinst.

Solution Manager is installed in distributed environment:

Host 1 - Host_DB (no SAP software/users - only SQL server executables)

Host 2 - Host_ASCS_SCS

Host 3 - Host_APP

From which host should I actually perform database export? I want to export only database instance - without CI.

When I start the export on Host_APP or Host_ASCS_SCS no database export is performed - only Java executables and SDM is exported.

Sapinst even don't ask me about database parameters. When i start export on Host_DB everything seems to be OK, but during database export I have the following error:

=======================================

sapparam: sapargv(argc, argv) has not been called!

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: START OF LOG: 20130330215539

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/720_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#17 $ SAP

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: version R7.20/V1.4 [UNICODE]

Compiled Jan 26 2013 03:12:24

patchinfo (patches.h): (0.413) SAP HANA: Corrupt database after R3load import (note 1806935)

process id 6936

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -testconnect

(DB) ERROR: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) rc = 20

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 20

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20130330215539

=======================================

It is interesting, how Sapinst is going to perform the export, if there are no SAP executables on the database host?

SAP kernel, R3load,R3trans - upgraded to the latest versions.

Any advices will be appreciated.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I'm getting the same error while installing database instance in distributed environment (ASCS is already installed successfully). Can anyone please help in getting rid of this..

\\<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe => sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

\\<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe => sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline.

\\<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -testconnect

(DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256

(DB) ERROR: DbslErrorMsg rc = 99

Error in Import ABAP phase -

Logs from R3load.exe.log file -

Logs from sapinst_dev.log file -

Regards

Hardeep

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will start DB export from DB host it will be faster !!

and will use parameter SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=virtualdbhost with sapinst as suggested by Maria.

It is interesting, how Sapinst is going to perform the export, if there are no SAP executables on the database host?

> Database export will be performed by R3load which should be available on DB host .. in /sapmnt/SID/exe. I think in your case its "\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe"

Let me know what is your current version of source system & kernel. and are you using correct R3load ? Is R3load test work manually ?

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand that DB export on database host will run faster. But unfortunately there is no SAP executables on database host - only Microsoft SQL server. There is no such a directory /sapmnt/SID/exe (like on Unix systems) in Microsoft installations. Does it mean that the only possible way to export database in distributed installation is to install additional application server on database host? In this case I will have SAP executables on database host.

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt is not a database host - it is central instance.

The current version of source system is: Solution Manager 7.1, Windows 2008 R2, SQL server 2012, SAP kernel 7.20 version 420.

When I run the following command manually

\\mih-vssmpci2\sapmnt\SMP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -testconnect

It gives the same error as at the beginning of the post.

Thank You.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

There is no need of installation of additional application server.

you can access the exe from /sapmnt/<SID> /SYS/exe

from there you can access exe .

use this link for more information

http://scn.sap.com/thread/847920

http://scn.sap.com/thread/502138

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can start the export from any Host.

Open the DEFAULT.PFL and check what is the value for the parameter SAPDBHOST

Suppose if it is like abcdata, then login to system as root user and start the sapinst using the following syntax

./sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=abcdata.

Suppose if you don't specifiy, you will not be able to take the export.. Use the above option and try .

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I start sapinst with virtual host name, it thinks this name is an alias to the host on which it was started. I my case when I run

sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=MIH-VSSMPDB2

(MIH-VSSMPDB2 is a database host name) on host Host_APP, sapinst starts to look for locally installed SQL servers on host Host_APP and finishes with the following error:

=================================

GetLocalInstances was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: TypeError: key1 has no properties (in script NW_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 71966: ???)).

=================================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether sql server service is running in the system

IF not, start  and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I start the export on primary application server.

There is no SQL server instance on pimary application server in HA installation, only SAP executables and SQL server ODBC driver.