Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway TO creation in multiple bins

Pranab
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My requirement is that while putaway TO creation for large quantity, system should prompt multiple bins in the sequence which can accomodate them.

ex:-

material gross weight 1Kg,

Bin weight capacity20kg,

Putaway qty 100,

under this situation while TO creation from TR system should prompt 5 bins in sequence [100*1/20].

currently I get an error "No destination bin found" when I check the bin search log, it shows "bin capacity low".

my current config:-

Capacity check method=1

Act. capacity = tick

Putaway strategy = I

Pl help on priority as business is unable to inward material of huge quantity.

Regards,

Pranab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you did not tell anything about your master data settings in WM2 view.

Have you maintained palletization data?

SAP does not split a big quantity itself to several target bins.

You have to split the quantity using palletization. then SAP does the capacity check for each pallet that has to be put away.

Pranab
Participant
0 Kudos

In our current process we simply provide the gross weight of the material in WM1 view. The bin is prompted based on the weight capacity of the bin v/s total putaway weight (gross weight x quantity).

We do not maintain any palletization data in WM2 view.

Pl tell a way we can achieve this any development or enhancement.

Regards,

Pranab

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont understand why you look for an development or enhancement, if you know that you can easily achieve it with palletization. If you dont maintain it in WM2 view of material master, then you can still enter palletization data  when you create the TO.

I will give you an example: you buy a truck load of chemicals, which is 100 drum à 200 kg

if you just receive 20000 kg, then SAP tries to putaway the 20000 kg as a whole .

but no space is big enough to take this as a whole.

if you have 4 drums on a pallet, then you actually transport pallet by pallet to the bins. hence you do palletization. So SAP can know that the 20000 kg have to be devided into 25 pallets.

SAP does then for each pallet a capacity check to determine the target bin.

if you do not have any pallets, you can still do palletization, e.g. with 200 kg, which means each drum is individually putaway. Or....your warehouse manager knows already that 10 tons fit in bin A and the other 10 tons into bin B, then he does a palletization of 10000.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in earlier posts, the easiest way out would be to maintain the Palletization data in the WM2 view of the material master. You need to maintain as 10 KG SUT(for e.g. IP). For this your storage type should be SU managed.

This way once create TO from TR the default details would be copied into the TO.

If your storage type is not SU managed, then, while creating the TO from TR, you just need to maintain the palletization data manually. You can specify 5 X 20 for your storage type and storage section, then, system would proceed and find the empty storage bins.

This should work out.

Regards,

Sushant

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos